Saturday, January 26, 2008

Stamp Simply


You could say this card is all thanks to Miss Sharon Johnson! It's a part of her Friday "Stamp Simply" challenge. This week's challenge was to make sure your card edge - not a frame - not an embellishment - no - the edge of the card was scalloped. So, scalloped it is with my Martha Stewart edge punch. The stamps are from Impression Obsession and the image was just colored by stamping it on patterned paper and then paper piecing onto my main card image. Add a little white sheer ribbon, a rhinestone for the necklace and a pearl over the knot of the ribbon! I did line the inside of my card with a fun green and pink argyle pattern so that when the card is closed, you see that peeking out.
Here's a close up of the paper piecing...




Thanks Sharon! Another great challenge!


Happy weekend everyone!

P.S. Got an email asking about what I did to the "body" of the dress form. I guess I left that out! I "fake watercolored" it by picking up marker color off a pallete with a blender pen. Thanks for asking!!

15 comments:

Chris said...

That card is abso-tooten-lutley gorgeous!! I love it!!

Janine said...

This is just so elegant. I love the dress form.. so very feminine..

Lesli said...

Great card Julie - I love that stamp!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is so smart! I love your garment, who would think you could make a card out of a corset???
Well hell's bells Julie strikes a 10 again. Mom

Nina said...

Hi, Julie! Just dropping by to say hi.

Oh wow, awesome cards you have here! I just love dress forms too! =)

I also love your phone cards and how cute is the holder for all of them. =)

Nina
SBS5 sister

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Julie..this is jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the colors you used.

Diane said...

What a gorgeous card julie!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a fabulous card!!! I love that image and your coloring truly is wonderful!!! Such pretty things -- b/g stamping, pearl, ribbon, scallops -- what a wonderful card!!! So glad you played -- thanks!!!

Jacki Marie said...

wow! Julie, you did it again...

Jules said...

Very pretty, so girly!!!!

tyrymom29 said...

WOW , this card is WOW!! Love it !! Very Elegant!!!

Nikki said...

Stunning
Nikki SBS5

Anonymous said...

This is just so cool ... love that outfit ... gorgeous.

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Julie! This is so delicate and lovely! Your coloring is exquisite!

Jacki Marie said...

the Marth Stewart Edge punch. What is that? Where did you get it?