Saturday, January 12, 2008

You've got my heart on a string....


Sweet and simple is what this post is all about. This is one of those easy cards that I think, is kind of sunny! I guess I love the bright colors lately!!

I stamped my hearts on the line on three different colors of paper. One was pink, one was orange and one was striped. I stamped the image again in black on the white card stock piece, added some color to the clothesline and clips and then accented the area around the hearts with a super light blue marker. I cut out my hearts and overlayed them on my white piece. I notched the corners, matted this piece onto a pink piece of cardstock, matted it again onto orange, and added some brads. I also added some sparkle to the cut out hearts with the help of my clear Copic Spica glitter pen. The top part of my card is a striped piece of card stock that I matted on my white card base. The bottom is a piece of plain pink that I stamped with hearts using Versamark ink. I layered my hearts in the center, punched a 1" circle out of the pink paper, added my sentiment, punched a ribbon hole and strung some fun sheer ribbon for a little extra "something something." That's it! Hugs and kisses... ready to go!

Well, my son and I are off to go bowling today. He's only ten but, I tell you what, he's a shark! He'll be bowling 300 before long! He beats me every week!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

NancyK said...

Oh my - this is just darling! Those string of hearts or so cute and I love how you did the backgroung on the base card.