Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hey Chickie!

Hi all! Thanks for the comments about yesterday's tutorial! I didn't tell you this yesterday, but to make sure that the directions were easy enough to follow - I actually sat my hubby down and made him do it! His folds were kinda crooked, but he did it! Man, that guy must love me!! LOL!

Yesterday I showed you one of Asela Hopkin's new stamps for Easter that is sold through Cornish Heritage Farms. Well, I decided, it was too cute of an image not to be able to use year round! So, here's what I came up with. Take out the Easter saying and add "Hey Chickie," then, only ink up the chick - not the egg - and you have a fun card to say "hey" to your girlfriends!

To make the card, I just stamped the chick in permanent black ink, colored with watercolor pencils and cut the shape out (both scalloped and regular circle) with my Nestabilities. And, the sky was added with some dots done in sky blue ink just by tapping off the color all around the chick. Now that I look at the little guy, I also outlined one side of him with a really light blue Tombow marker to make him "pop" a bit.

Here's a close up....
Now, all I am going to say about tomorrow's post is this - it just might make you hungry!! :-)

Have a good one!!

13 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

This is SO cute! It is amazing, isn't it, that you can get so many different looks with just one stamp?

Ann said...

I'm lovin' the bright colors on these cards.

Janine said...

This is such a cute chickie !!
Hope your day is wonderful..
I am at work !!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,realy bright and fresh ,love it ,Dawnx

The Rubber Maid said...

What a cute way to use and reuse that adorable chick. Love the little guy. Pat

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! What a great idea

Mescrap said...

This is cute !

* I had make one box card as well ~~ in my blog. Thanks for the clear instruction. I'm really love it.

Diane said...

Hey chickie,your chickie card is pretty cute!!! Love the orange card,and he is so tweet!!!
So should we eat before we check your blog tomorrow,wouldn't want to drool all over my keyboard!!!
Check you out tomorrow chickie!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Cute, CUTE!!! Love this! TFS and have a great night! :)

marcie said...

Beautiful card Julie! I love the bright cheerful colors.
Thanks for sharing!
Marcie
SBS-5

Lois Michael said...

So glad I found your blog. This is so very bright and cheery. I love it.

Sharon in NE said...

Great idea turning him into a year round chickie. Love that!

Deb Neerman said...

This is a wonderful card!! I love that little chick .. and your color choice is spot-on!

PS: I looked at your stamping room ... girl, HOW on earth do you ever find anything in there?!?

LOLOL .. I kid. It's amazing; I just love the closet!! But to be honest, I'd be nervous stamping in a space so clean and well organized!! I'm used to working in a bit of a ... a paper storm ... and ducking ... and watching for fallin' embellies. Good reflexes are key in there!

TFS your great projects and your studio!