Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Even More Bloggin' Friends!

I have no idea how Cheryl Moody and I became bloggin' friends, but let's just say, why question it? YOU can visit her HERE at God and I on the Railroad Tracks. She is this ball of sunshine that you can tell is just a genuine soul. A few weeks ago, she sent a PIF my way and in it came the nicest card and some fabulous goodies!

Love that lime green!! It's one of my favorites along with, of course, pink! She also sent some paper and embellishments that are a ton of fun!

After I edited this photo, I realized I could have done a better job laying all this out! Cheryl's goodies included some metal alphabet letters, some stamped images, some fun paper, some really neat ribbon that even has some sparkle to it! (You know how I love the bling!) Some punched pieces like circles, photo corners, scalloped circles, word windows... and more! Plus, jeweled and colored brads! I will be having a ton of fun with this for a while!!!

I wanted to use some of her stamped images to create a card for today's post. I LOVE that poppy from SU that, I think, was in the sell-a-bration catalog. Cheryl also sent the bloom definition that, I think, is also in that set.

Here's what I did with it!

I "aged" the floral image with some tan chalk and then used a dot stamp to accent it with some tea dye distress ink. I colored it with watercolored pencils, accented the corners, added some ribbon on one of the mats, assembled and then added the tag with a jump ring. The tag was just cut using a 1-1/4" circle punch. I cut a second circle (same size) out of patterned paper and then layered it by skewing the red layer to the left so it just kind of hangs off the side.

That's it! Tomorrow, I'll continue my journey showcasing some of my blogging friends by taking a trip to visit a princess in a fabulous "castle"

Until then! Have a great day!

8 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

oooh, I like princesses and castles! I can't wait! I hope you don't embarass the princess...

Janine said...

Wow!! YOu are one lucky lady to receive all these wonderful things in the mail!!!

Mescrap said...

The cards is so lovely.
Love how you hang the tag on.

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! You know I love poppies!
Laura

Diane said...

Wonderful card Julie!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my but you did a beautiful job girl!!! If i had of known them images would turn out that nice, well, I'd have kept them myself, hehehe, just kidding, it's all in the hands of the beholder! That Blooming Beautiful set is from the mini catalogue. Thank you so much for your kind words, you just make me blush! Happy stampin Julie!!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a great color combo and the layout is awesome with the little circle hanging like that. Very smart looking. Mom

Jennifer Buck said...

This is awesome! You are such a sweetie! Every blogger you meet must be your friend! Thanks so much for being you! :)