Friday, May 2, 2008

Stamp Simply---Spring Time Style!

Now that May is here, I think we could all use a breath of nice spring air ---am I right? Well, that's what this week's Stamp Simply challenge is ALL about--SPRING! Here are the rules, pink, green and flowers. That's it! You know you can't resist this one!

If you want to check out all the details, head on over to Sharon's place by clicking HERE. I have to make a confession. I had the challenge all worked out with a fun card that had a different shape to it. But, Thursday night we went to go shopping for a birthday present for my mother in law and BAM a really cute gift that bag just grabbed my eye -- polka dots, flowers and some bling. This would make a really great card layout! So I went back to the "mom cave" to stamp another one for Sharon's challenge! I wish I had a picture of the gift bag so you could see it - but the only picture of it is in my head! No jokes please.


This is truly a simple card. The flowers are part of a new *soon to be released* set from Impression Obsession. It's called Flower Duos II and its a set full of two step stamping options from dandelions and poppies to sunflowers and roses. It's really lovely! So, be sure to check out the IO site in the coming weeks! The bottom is a piece of green that was stamped with a circle background stamp from Amuse Art Stamps. I stamped and cut out the flowers, added some bling and a bow and that's it!

Here's a close up...


Be sure to check out the rest of the Stamp Simply Team to see what they cooked up!! And if you stop by Janine's place, don't forget to wish her a Happy Birthday!!! Have a good one Janine!!!!

Dee
Tammy
Janine
Jennifer
Becky



"Dream as if you'll live forever...live as if you'll die today."~ James Dean

16 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Geez, I'm putting my whole store's stamping budget right into IO's pocket lately! I'll be anxious to see the new things! Very cute card, Julie! I love the simplcity, and the textured cardstock looks so rich! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the simple look! The textured cardstock adds so much!

Janine said...

Simple and spring!!! Just so pretty Julie and thank you for the birthday wishes!
You are a sweet friend ***

Jennifer Buck said...

How adorable! I love this...it's just so very pretty! TFS hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Anonymous said...

I just love the fact that you used textured CS. It makes the card have so much interest when it is so simple!! Awesome. Think of a great one for us this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! I love that textured cardstock! This is really pretty! Have a great weekend:)
Dee

Annapurna said...

How simple and really cute!

The Rubber Maid said...

Simple and sweet. Love pink and green as a combo. Mom

dasimonds said...

Beautiful Card!
I love the textured cardstock.
Colors are wonderful!
Flowers are so pretty :)

Anonymous said...

What's floating around in your head looks mighty superb in cardstock and a bit of ribbon. Simple and springy - - hope your weekend is,too.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! A breath of fresh spring air!

Lesli said...

Your card is beautiful Julie - I really do love those flowers!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty! I love the simple layout!

Mescrap said...

Great card !
Love the 2 different colour of card stock.

Diane said...

Very lovely Julie! Love that saying you have here!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Absolutely love this -- it is so clean and crisp and pretty!!! Everything I love -- great job -- thanks so much for all your work on the samples -- truly appreciated!!!!