Thursday, July 3, 2008

Coffee Anyone???

Oh goodness. I wish you knew how much I LOVE coffee. I started working at a coffee shop when I was still in high school, and haven't stopped sipping since. Has anyone ever tried Jamacan Mountain Blue? It was a coffee that way back in the 80s sold for 40 bucks a pound. Yes, I have even sipped this! Ok, getting off the topic here! My point is - I love coffee and I love stamping and now - I can combine both!!

This set is the Stamp Simply set "Coffee With Friends" from Flourishes. The sayings are perfect! I still had some of the coffee stained paper left from another project-- so I used it as the base of my card. I stamped the large cup on my coffee stained piece of paper using Versamark ink, embossed it with gold detail powder and then paper pieced the cup with some gold accented Penny Black paper. The steam was stamped over top the cup and accented with a light brown marker. I matted this on a piece of medium brown paper and again on the decorative paper. I attached this to the matted card base with foam tape to give my card a kind of "sleeve" for my saying. The sentiment says, "A cup of coffee shared with a friends is happiness tasted & time well spent." I matted this and accented it with three loopy brads along with some sheer brown ribbon (May Arts)

Here's a close up of the sentiment that slides into the back of the mat! Yes, I even used another coffee bean as an embellishment. It makes my card smell like the real thing!! LOL!
Do you have this set? If you do, you should enter the challenge on the Flourishes Forum on Splitcoast. HERE is the link! All you need to do is create a card or project with the Coffee With Friends set as the main focus, upload to SCS and then link it on the thread above. You have until the 10th of July and can enter as many times as you want!! The winner recieves a goody package from Flourishes' Sharon Johnson and will be announced on the thread!

So, cheers to you! You know I'd have you all over for coffee if I could!!

Before I go, I wanted to say a special thanks to Paylin and Jany who both awarded me the Brillante Weblog award. Wow. Thanks so much! You have no idea how you all brighten my day when you stop by and say "hi!" I would pass this one along - but it's so hard. I know that is a cop out but it is sooooo true - too many great blogs out there. If you want to see the ones I visit almost daily - just check out my blog roll. They all deserve this award!!!

22 comments:

Penny said...

Oh my , this is just FABULOUS!! So clever and I adore the saying to the side and the ribboned brads. Well, I love the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful Card Julie! You out did yourself on this one sista!
hhhhhhmmmmmmm guess what I got in the mail????????That's right, a goodie package from Julie and girl, I love everything in it! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janine said...

Beautiful card Julie and congrats on your award... And yes you were the very first this morning!!! LOL!!

Lesli said...

Hey Julie - I a always so impressed with your creativity - I love your card!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE this creation so much!!! That pull out is wonderful!!! I LOVE that DP you used -- I have some and have used it for more elegant cards, never even thinking of it for a coffee card, but it couldn't be more perfect!!!! I LOVE it!!! Thanks for the plug for our Coffee Challenge as well -- there's lots of sets out there -- just need to get them to enter their cards -- LOL!!! Thank you!!!

Michelle Tech said...

I love coffee too! So much that I'm not sure I would have even spared that one little coffee bean on the card!

Linsey R said...

Julie, I've never been so excited about spilt coffee!! This card is amazing--it just makes me want to brew up a pot! I love coffee too and now I think I'm gonna have to check out this new stuff from Flourishes! TFS your wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

Julie, another fabulous card! It is so elegant looking even with the coffee stained paper! Love it and have that set!

Anonymous said...

Oh My!! I gotta get me some spilt coffee. This is just the COOLEST card! You really have the wheels turning in my mind as I head into a long (5 whole days) weekend. THANKS and Happy Independence Day to you and yours!

DeniseLynn said...

OHG!!! I adore coffee - I want it always, even in HOT weather. Your card is FABULOUS!! And I have not seen this set of stamps but realize I NEED to own it. OK that's it. Must. Find. Money. Must buy that stamp set.

Curt in Indy said...

Love the hidden panel sentiment! What a great idea and a nice little surprise for the receiver! Is that really stained with real coffee or is that just the name of the paper? Best, Curt

Bellawhoop said...

I LOVE this card! It's so cute. I love the slide-out sentiment and that cute little coffee bean. I'm a fellow coffee lover, so maybe that's why this really appeals to me. :)

Jennifer Buck said...

This is so super cute, Julie! LOVE it! TFS! Hope you are doing well! :)

Diane said...

That coffee smells yummy,I can smell it from here! Could use one right about now,but on second thought,I should go to bed.Another crazy day ahead tomorrow!
Lovely card Julie,love it all!

Hugs,Diane

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!!!

You got a shout out for the Card of the Week -- you can check out the post at http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/07/card-of-the-wee.html

CreativeMish said...

I love this! I just ordered the stamp set today! I love your "coffee spills" on the cs

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie!! This is a card after my own heart! :) It's fabulous! I love the coffee stained paper! When I was in my first year of university and could hardly afford to buy myself milk and bread, I splurged big time on a 1/4lb of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and enjoyed every aromatic sip!! I am serious about my coffee to this day!:)
smiles, Deena

Becca said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and unique. Only you can make a cup of coffee come to life on paper. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, this is ultra-gorgeous, Julie! I so love the gold with the brown. So elegant in a coffee stained kinda way! What a wonderful design!

Jules said...

This is one of my favorite cards that you have ever made!
I can just smell that coffee bean now, way too cute way too clever!!!!

suzann said...

What a beautiful card!

Julie S. said...

Holy smokes, do I love this card! Fabulous job! Don't think I have ever stained paper with coffee (did do chianti once, though) I gotta try it! Any hints???