Sunday, August 3, 2008

A card remixed

Way back when, I made a card really similar to this one only with a different color scheme. Well, I was digging through papers and found this fun leaf skeleton paper and thought I would try to recreate it! I swear, I have had this paper for ages! Chris-- if you are reading this -- this paper is so old -- it came from your store! How long have you been out of the role of scrapbook store owner now? Oh my!

To make the card, I sponged on some olive vivid ink onto the strip of paper and attached it to my patterned paper by sewing the two together using some gold thread. This thread rocks -- it really, really "pops" IRL! Antique a piece of kraft paper and stamp on the saying in brown ink and fern in olive green, mat it on some gold Stardream, add some hodgepodge hardware and a metallic olive piece of ribbon and you are pretty much done! It really is a ten minute card. I love the long and lean look! I wish I was (long and lean that is)!!

Before I go, I have a shout out that I want to give to Kate Skiff! She gave me a Brillante Weblog award! Thanks Katie! You rock! And you live in a great part of the world -- of course, I am biased! :-)
Well, Sunday will be full of creating. I have until tomorrow morning to come up with a silhouette card for the FINAL ROUND of the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest! What's funny is, this card has been swimming in my head for 2 days now but I just can't bring myself to make it yet -- what's up with that?
Hope you have a great rest of the weekend! See you tomorrow with more on the contest -- you guys have been so great to get me this far -- wouldn't it be great if we ran together to the finish line!?!? oooOOOoo! That would be unreal!

14 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a great card, Julie!!! Love the somewhat masculine, yet totally GORGEOUS, feel to this card!!!! It is so rich, elegant, but with an earthy feel I love -- GORGEOUS WORK!!! I'm so anxious to see your next entry - I'll be rooting for you, my friend!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Well as Ellie would say " you've gotta want it " and I know you do, so run Julie run ! That finish line is yours and you can do it. Can't wait to see your card for the final five challenge. Love MOM
P.S. All of us here in Michigan are voting for you.

Katie Skiff said...

I have paper that old too! LOL... Great job on the card. And happyu to award you! I do think we live in the best area huh?

Anonymous said...

Love the card and that gold touch is perfect!! Run Julie Run! (I watched Forrest Gump yesterday, can you tell?) We know you can do it and we'll help you every step of the way! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Julie! Good luck with your card - I can't wait to see it!!

Mescrap said...

It's really beautiful !
Love the green background !
Take care, my dear.

Janine said...

Beautiful Julie!!! and yes my blog is ok once again. They got the problem solved...
Had a great weekend. Good luck in the next round of Idol... I will e-mail you soon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Julie! :) Congrat's on making Top 5!!! Your card was stunning, well deserved! I can't wait to see what you come up with for tomorrow! Also letting you know that you've got my vote! Your cards are gorgeous! ((hugs))

Deb Neerman said...

Love this card, Jewels!!

Congrats on making the Top 5 ... not that I ever doubted that you would!!! Can't wait to see your new entry; I'm sure it'll be rockin'!

~Hugs!!!

Chris said...

Love your card Julie!!! I think that I actually remember that paper!! You are right tho that has been 7 or 8 years ago when I had my store. I am rooting for you to make it to the finish line!! Good luck!!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Julie! Love this card! Gorgeous earth tones which are some of my favs! Can't wait to see the next entry! I know you are going to knock it out of the park! I'm there behind ya kiddo! I never missed an episode of American Idol, and I've never missed a vote for you! I'll be calling up friends to go vote for you too! Indiana LOVES Julie!!!!! You go girl! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Good Luck winning the contest. I am sure your card will be fantastic. I will be rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

LOve your card Julie! Can't wait to see your next card. I can see the finish line girl and I'm right beside ya!

Ida said...

This is stunning! I love the gold thread and the ribbon (they do really "pop") Can't wait to see your card for the Idol Gallery.