Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stamp Simply And Don't Pass The Buck!

Well, if the title isn't a big enough hint for you.... today's Stamp Simply challenge is to CASE or be inspired by the newest "dirty girl"---the fabulous Jennifer Buck! This was fun because Jen and I have been "blogging" together since last fall and the more I get to know her--- the more I luv her! She's just too sweet for words.


In honor of Sharon's one year blogoversary - Sharon decided to showcase the Stamp Simply team and encourage us all to be inspired by their work! This week is Jennifer's turn! Well, when I look at Jennifer's creations - I see fun colors, a real crisp and classy design, ribbon, and cute images. So, I scoured Jennifer's blog and THIS card is the one that spoke to me. Yep, it actually said, "CASE me!"


So, what do you think? You see a little Jennifer in this card????

You can see I used a lot of the elements that she used and then put my own spin on it. Instead of a butterfly, I put a flower on with a cute little brad. Instead of "love you," I put "miss you!" and then instead of a soft look, I tried to go a little more manly! When my hubby least expects it, I plan to stick this in his briefcase when he is off on a biz trip. The stamps I used were a Wordsworth clear alphabet set and the new All Scallops set from Stampin' Up with the SU scallop edge punch. The ink I used was Bamboo Sprouts by Momento. Add some paper flowers, a fun brad, sheer ribbon and paper and DONE!

Want to see how some of the other SS ladies "see" Jennifer? First of all, check out Sharon's blog for her card and all the official details. Stop by Jen's blog so that you can see how she CASED herself! LOL! Then, check out Janine, Becky, Dee, and Tammy!

Hope you can make time for play time and join us! See ya back here this weekend with some more stamping fun!

20 comments:

judy anderson said...

Oh this is a pretty card.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

A wonderful card, Julie, I love it!!! And YES, I do see Jennifer in it!!! How surprised your DH will be!!! Great card and sampling of a Cute-n-Classy with JenniB card!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

A wonderful card, Julie, I love it!!! And YES, I do see Jennifer in it!!! How surprised your DH will be!!! Great card and sampling of a Cute-n-Classy with JenniB card!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

A wonderful card, Julie, I love it!!! And YES, I do see Jennifer in it!!! How surprised your DH will be!!! Great card and sampling of a Cute-n-Classy with JenniB card!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Sorry, Julie -- I do NOT know what is happening, I am on a hotel computer and I can't get off this page -- LOL!!!

Jennifer said...

I love this card! As a matter of fact, I love all your cards. :)

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, beautiful card! I love the colors and the letter U. I bet it brings a smile to your hubby when he opens it. Great idea!!

Joan

Janine said...

Julie this is so pretty!! I love the color that you chose!
Have a fabulous weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love this Julie!! The colors are wonderful. You nailed Jennifer's style.

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Julie, I'm so lovin' those flowers!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a great color for your card. It's perky and sweet just like Jennifer B. Fun card. MOM

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the "scrappy" feel of your card, too!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! it is so scrappy!! I see Jennifer in there a lot!! Yeah..he is HOTTTTT. Oh...and by the way...your Mom is adorable!

Shirley said...

Julie, this is really lovely. The green and yellow hues are perfect and the flowrer too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Julie, love this, grat color.

Anonymous said...

Love this and great colors!!

Elena said...

Wonderful card! I love the color! All of the details are just were waiting for this card: letter U, flower, polka-dot brad... How suprised your Husband will be!

Anonymous said...

Julie, great card! I love the colors! Now off to go see what Jennifer did that inspired you!

Have a great weekend.

Jennifer Buck said...

You are such an amazing friend! I am so happy that our paths crossed! I can't imagine not knowing you! :) Your card is beautiful! I absolutely love it! Hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful weekend! :)

NancyK said...

Gorgeous!! Love everthing about this card from the patterns to the wonderful embellishments!