Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another oldie from the drawer!

Remember the card yesterday featuring the colored image that sat in a lonely drawer waiting to be made into a card? (I now affectionately call that drawer of images, half made cards and scraps my pieces and parts drawer) Well, I have one more for you today!

I made part of this card while doing a demo for my LSSS using colored pencils on dark paper. The stamps are from Magenta and I thought the artsy feel demanded kind of an artsy - more scribbled look. Well, I did that and never made this bad boy into a card!

I stamped all of my leaf images in white, highlighted with white colored pencil and then colored with several shades of green (apple, lime and grass shades). After I was done, I took the darkest green pencil and a white pencil and using a ruler made some grid lines around my leaf images for a little extra pop.

The thing with stamping on dark colors is -- it doesn't make it easy to add a sentiment. So, I grabbed one of these little metal embellies that I picked up years ago at Walmart. From there, mat it up, add a slot punch and accent the mat of your main image with some silver leafing pen. The ribbon is just the most glorious part! It's a new 100% silk ribbon from May Arts that Flourishes is now selling. This ribbon is soooooo lush! It's like the Cadillac of ribbon!

And that, my friends is it for today! I have one more rescue attempt from my pieces and parts drawer-- so stay tuned! See you back here tomorrow!

13 comments:

Diane said...

Another fabulous card!!!

Diane said...

Sent too fast,Love your new blog look girl!!!!

denise g. said...

Exquisite coloring + wonderful grid background + lucious ribbon = Another pretty card. And I like the new look of your blog. Glad your picture's still there so I knew I was in the right place, as I didn't notice any bling on this particular specimen...

The Rubber Maid said...

I have to go back and do some of this technique, this is something I think we forget about. Love the ribbon..it is loverly. mom

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW! TFS!

Heather T said...

What a clever design, your own designer paper really.

Elena said...

Oh, that is gorgeous! I love the DP you created, Julie!

Tanya said...

this is sooo pretty!
Love the grid idea!

Susan G said...

Love the green and brown together. Don't you just love it when something you've already done suddenly can become a completed project? I tend to have more fun creating from images that I've put away and saved for later.

Jan Castle said...

Absolutely beautiful card...so summer! Your new "look" is great!
Jan Castle

Lesli said...

Gorgeous card Julie - I love the bright green = makes me want summer!

ChristineCreations said...

You do such gorgeous work on dark cardstock with the pencils! I love the grid...glad you rescued it from the drawer!

Shirley said...

Very lovely. You could send me your drawer if you like! Ha! I love your card!