Monday, January 25, 2010

From the front porch....

I don't know about you, but I love the older homes, rich in character and rustic in their own right. So, when I saw this new stamp that is fresh off the press from Impression Obsession, I sighed. It's just such a classic image! And.... it was a blast to color!

I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black and then started to color with colored pencils and blending with odorless mineral spirits. I use Prisma color pencils but I was moving so quickly, I didn't write down which colors I used! I know I used a mix of greens, reds, browns and grays in order to give my steps a pop of color.

Here's a close up of the coloring! From there, the rest is just matting it up! I used a mix of Bazill (green) K and Company (Newsprint and dark scalloped paper) and Kraft (SU!), the ribbon is May Arts and I used my Bow Easy to tie my ribbon into a bow. Add the scalloped edge with the help of an SU border punch and... voila! Not much to the layout - with an image this detailed and large though -- I'm thinking less is more! ;-)

This stamp is being released as we speak at CHA in Cali right now. Once the new stamps are in the Impression Obsession store, I'll be sure to let you know! ;-)

Happy Monday everyone! I'll see you back here soon!


12 comments:

Lorraine said...

I absolutely love the coloring you've done on the wood in this image. Stunning!

Anonymous said...

AAAHHHHH, Love Love Love this card Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Gorgeous card!Perfection to the inth degree. Mom

Janine said...

Julie this is amazing!! I love it!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Jewels, this is stunning!

Shirley said...

Very very lovely, as always!

Darlene said...

Just GORGEOUS Julie!! Your coloring is excellent ... those watering cans look "real"! Absolutely beautiful job!!

Jenny Gropp said...

heheeee-- we posted the same image today. I think I like yours better -- beautiful, Julie!
Just addressed some envelopes flying your Mom's way!

Karen Lindsay said...

Love the image and the card is beautiful! I like the old things too. You caught the "nostalgia" of the image perfectly (can you catch nostalgia??). Brings back memories of my childhood. :-)

Karen

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, I love front porches and this card is just beautiful. Great job on your coloring too.

Love it!

Joan

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes! This card is perfect! I love it!

ChristineCreations said...

OK GASP! Wow these IO sets are really impressing me. This is gorgeously done Julie, you've colored it to perfection.