Friday, March 26, 2010

A few sweet treats for you!

Hi all and Happy Friday! It's a freebie day with the gals at Flourishes -- and that means we all dug into our stamp set stash and pulled out one for a free for all creation!

And, with Easter about a week away, I picked up the new Easter Basket set for some sweet treats! I just think this set is too fun for words because of the fact that you can build your own basket with treats you like! Jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, eggs... even PEEPS!
I colored my basket with Copics. I honestly just grabbed a marker here and a marker there. The only thing I am certain of is that the basket was done with Flourishes Flesh Tones 2 collection. the paper is from my dp stash -- just bits and pieces here and there. And, when all was said and done, I did glitz up the basket goodies with a dash of glitter glue!

The ribbon was paper pieced and... here's a fun effect! I stamped the basket, colored it a second time and cut just the basket portion and popped it up -- like this! I did that so that when you look at it, it looks more three dimensional! FUN! And that, my friends is it!

Be sure to stop by and say hi to the other Flourishes gals and see what set they picked up for their Friday creations!

As we speak, I'm off soaking in some "hot wadda" as they say! I kidnapped the family and we are taking a dip in the hot springs that aren't too far away. Every now and then you just have to say -- ok -- everyone get in the car!!!!! Don't you think?

See you back here soon!

16 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Soooo sweet Julie!!! What a beautiful Easter card!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

This is wonderful.. I really like the way you created the basket. I am ready for Easter.. I hope you have a terrific and relaxing time with your family.. You deserve it.. Hugs.

Cindy Lawrence said...

So pretty in PINK, Jules! Love the way you rounded the basket! Hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing time at the hot springs! :)

Yogi said...

sweet treat, very nice

Stacy Morgan said...

Darling Easter card, great idea popping up the basket. Hope you enjoy the time away!

Anonymous said...

3-D basket, enticingly wrapped contents, and spring background layered in snappy color present a lovely sight indeed. Enjoy those hot springs through the rains of today and sunny weekend springy temps. Keep Looking UP!

Merry said...

Hope you had a lovely soak.

Such a terrific card.

Deb Neerman said...

This is just fabulous, Jewels! Love the way you popped up the basket ... very clever!

Have a great weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I'd love to throw something together and have it come out this cute! Fabulous idea the way you curved the basket. It looks almost like real wood! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Julie!

Glenda said...

Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic easter basket! I really like the way you gave it dimension. Hope you have a wonderful soak!
Beth Greco

Karen W said...

Lovely, I love that set also, really works well and so many variations can be used. Thanks for the inspiration to make some more cards with this set.

Betty said...

Really cute! Love the way to made the basket dimensional round. Kinda a duh for me!
I'll be passing through Billings on Thursday on our way to see DD for Easter in Butte. I'll wave, watch for me about noon. :)

Janine said...

HI JULIE!!!! This is a gorgeous piece of art!!
How are you??
Just got back from Providence Rhode Island... LONG drive!!
Are you all ready for Easter???

dpkennedy said...

I love how you did that basket! I also love the sparkly polka dots! Such a pretty card!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the 3d basket! I have been using silicone to do this --- love the finished look!