Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Simple Card Set....

Hi all! Hope you've had a great start to your week! Not much going on here. Call it the calm after the storm (the storm being my mom's visit) HA! Just kiddin' Mom!! :-) We actually had a lovely, lovely visit having coffee talk and stamping and just visiting. It's just not fair that she lives 1800 miles away. (sniff sniff!)

Today I'm sharing a card set that I made for some of the ladies in my Bible study. I just love the peace and serenity that this set from Our Daily Bread Designs delivers. It's called Sing to the Lord.

Card #1: After stamping in Black Versafine Onyx ink, I just watercolored this little guy and the flowers by using some dye based ink. I used Summer Sky Memento and Tea Rose Vivid. The branch was just colored up with Tombow markers. (dp is Basic Grey Figgy Pudding and Crate Paper)

Card #2: I wanted to use the bird on this second card without him taking center stage -- enter some Versamark ink! I like the softness of this card. I added some paper piercing and a pinked edge border and... voila!
Card #3: Super duper simple! I just used an oval punch to let this flower "sing" all on it's own jazzing it up with just a few pearl accents and pearl paper. I added some blue chalk around the flower to help make it pop a bit.

Nothing too complicated with any cards in the bunch. It's funny -- sometimes we, as stampers, can build so many layers on our cards that when we give these out -- friends are afraid to use them! :-) So, sometimes simple is good!

Hope life is calm and simple in your neck of the woods! I'll be back later this week with another Impression Obsession challenge that's all about moms! You can click HERE to find out the details and get a jump start if you like!

See you back here soon!

7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and calming is right! I like the blues you choose and I am sure she will love the gift set.

kANNAdyjka said...

WOW......These cards are such a honey for my eyes and soul! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, simply lovely Sing to the Lord card set. Blessings!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, I love this card. Your colors are just perfect and the verse says it all!

Glad you and your Mom got to visit.
How fun to craft together!! I wish I could have joined you!!!

Are you going to CHA in July?

Janine said...

Hi Julie!! Love this card set!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family!!
Miss you!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Julie, this is such a beautiful gift set! I love those colors and of course the verses.
Your friends are very lucky! :)

Have a Blessed week!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift set. I love, love, love your colors; so relaxing.

Joan
MN