Friday, May 21, 2010

Beauty Within is in FOCUS!

When Flourishes' Becky Fleck designed the Beauty Within set, it was designed with Spellbinders' Labels 13 and Labels 11 Nestabilities in mind. I mean, how easy is it to color and then with a nestie as your guide, get a perfect shape each and every time? Well, I realize that while everyone LOVES their nesties, not everyone can have every one! That doesn't mean you still can't enjoy the Beauty Within set though!

So, that was this week's Flourishes Focus challenge ushered in by Laura Fredrickson! To use this set, without the Nesties -- just to show the versatility! And, this is what I came up with!

I stamped the stained glass roses using Memento Tuxedo Black on a piece of Flourishes Classic White, trimmed along one side and then, after marking with a ruler, I cut a line so that it looked like one part of my stained glass image was hanging off the side. Take some Copics and then... let the coloring fun begin! I used a mix of the Sweet Pea and Dahlia collections grouped by Flourishes for the roses. The leaves were done with the help of the Fields collection. The blue shading was done with the help of BG10 and BG000. On the tag, I did leave the die shape on and then using it as a guide, I colored the edge of the oval with R00 to give it a peach glow. Add a sentiment from the set, some ribbon, paper piercing, pearls (I colored these with the same peach copic markers to color coordinate!) and some crocheted lace trim and fun decorative paper and... voila! I thought this was a fun challenge and -- it did help me see all the potential packed into this beautiful set!

Want to see what the ever-s0-talented Flourishes DT came up with? Hop on over and see...

  • Christine Okken

  • Cindy Lawrence

  • Danielle Kennedy

  • Dawn Burnworth

  • Laura Fredrickson

  • Leslie Miller

  • Stacy Morgan

  • As always, if you want to see even MORE inspiration, it's only one click away in our Flourishes Gallery! Click HERE to see all Beauty Within creations. Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me!

    Just an FYI, if you like this set and the others released last Friday from Flourishes -- today's the last day to take advantage of the New Release Bundle, which delivers all four sets at 10% off. You can click HERE to check it out! :-)




    7 comments:

    Dawn B. said...

    Julie this is so pretty. I love the way you drew your colors out of your paper and into your colored image.. Beautiful card.

    Yogi said...

    very pretty. like the half pearls in those scallops. Nice touch.

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Soft and pretty! The trim is a great accent and I like the panel with the BW you created. Very pretty Julie.

    ChristineCreations said...

    Love your cut-work on this design Julie! Gorgeous! Love the lacy edges too!

    Laura (scrapnextras) said...

    Beautiful Julie...love your colours and that gorgeous ribbon and trim are perfect finishes!

    Leslie Miller said...

    I suppose at some point I should stop looking at this long enough to actually make a comment on it. This is sooooooo pretty, and I didn't even notice that the image wasn't layered until I read that you did out of the box on it. The colors and coloring, especially with the gentle shading, are just wonderful!

    Sue from Oregon said...

    this is just a stop me in my tracks card...so stunning! I love these images!