Thursday, September 16, 2010

Take a Peek at these Sweet Treats

Welcome to day 2 of Flourishes Sneak Peeks!!! This cute and sassy set drawn by Marcella Hawley is sure to give you a warm glow! Jack O'Lanterns, bats, witches' brooms and hats -- these are just some of the spunky and spooky offerings! On top of it all, this set features 8 different sentiments perfect for your tricks and treats! Would you like to win this set? Simply leave us a comment over on the Flourishes Blog HERE. The winner will be picked and announced Saturday in Flourishes' Winner's Circle!

On to my creation! I absolutely LOVE the images in this set. And when I saw the witches boot and hat, I knew I wanted to mask it up to make my own little witches scene!


I stamped the boot, masked, stamped it again, to look as if the witch was just standing there showing off her designer heels and matching hat! :-) I then stamped the hat on a separate piecce of Flourishes Classic White card stock, colored it up with Copics (Cool Neutrals, Spring Green, Tiger Lily -- all grouped by Flourishes) From there, mat it up with some designer paper, stitching, a sentiment "flag"(also from the set!), and then... add some glitz with the help of some glitter glue!

Here's a close up to show the shimmer!

I can honestly say, I had a ton of fun with this set and know that I will pick it up to make the kiddos Halloween treats for school!

Be sure to skip on over to see the DT and their sweet offerings! Some of them even have some treats in the form of some BLOG CANDY too! So, be sure to stop by and say "HI" to them all!

  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan

  • And, don't forget your invitation!


    release party invite







    We would love it if you joined us tonight as we gear up for FUN, GAMES & GIVEAWAYS for our POWER HOUR Release Party! We'll show off all the latest releases and chat it up with some of your favorite Flourishes designers! The party kicks off over at the Flourishes Member Company Forum over on Splitcoast Stampers!

    Be sure to check back - our final peek tomorrow is actually TWO new sets both with their own unique flair! One is full of elegant beauty, the other will take you on a journey worldwide! See you tonight at the party!

    29 comments:

    stampqueen said...

    Great card - I love the witches boots!!!

    Ravengirl said...

    Very cute! Those boots are best!

    petra,s cards said...

    ohhoooo so beautiful wonderful collorwork!
    xx petra

    Ujjwal said...

    Great card!! Love the idea of masking!!

    Diane said...

    Wonderful card...love the witches boots with the hat!!! A must have set.....love the vintage look!

    Anonymous said...

    Oh my....I have to have this new set! :c) So excited to see more.... Love that witches hat!

    Beate said...

    Julie, your card looks amazing!I love all the sparkle you added and of course your awesome coloring.
    Hugs and smiles

    Stephanie said...

    Oh this is wonderful, love the boots with the hat!

    Unknown said...

    Beautiful and fun Halloween card, Julie! This is the best Halloween stamp set I've seen!

    Karen W said...

    Very cute card. I can't wait to order the apple set, that is fantastic!!

    Holly said...

    Cute cute cute!!!!! Love your card and the fun Halloween colors! See ya tonight!!! :-)

    Alica said...

    so pretty! great coloring and wonderfully put together!

    sharon d said...

    Great card - love the witches shoes.

    Emily Keaton said...

    LOVE this witchy card--what a super fun new set :)

    Laura (scrapnextras) said...

    Way too cute Julie! Love the boots and hat together!

    creativearts said...

    Amazing card! Love the way you popped up the hat and the glitter really makes it pop!

    Glenda said...

    I'm loving your card! Just too cute! Great stamp set!

    Yogi said...

    love your card and the little scene you made. That saying on the card is great. Great stamp set.

    Donna said...

    I love the sentiments in this set. Such a wide variety. Your image is superbly colored!

    Charlette said...

    This card is just fab! Love the hat ns shoes. Wonderful job on the coloring. TFS

    Tanya said...

    So loving this set! your card is fabulous, beautiful coloring.

    Amanda said...

    I love your card! I love how the hat is in front of the boots, it makes me smile :) My little one is always dropping things at her feet :)
    A perfect card, I love it :)

    Linda Carson said...

    What FUN! Love these stamps & how you brought them to life! Hope she doesn't drink & fly in those shoes!

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Festive! Your masking is awesome with the scene you created and I like this layout!

    slbt17 said...

    very nice - love the layering.
    Sandra

    ChristineCreations said...

    The hat and boots look great stacked together like that Julie...very fun touches of sparkle too!

    Monique said...

    Ack!!! I love the boots... Fantastic Halloween card!!

    Traci S. said...

    Hi Julie~

    This is wonderful. It brings back memories to when my family celebrated Halloween! I hate that everyone is calling this set Vintage, however...the look is from my life-time! EEKS!

    The boots are great...and so is the hat...it is the tights that really caught my attention with this card! Great job!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    Leslie Miller said...

    Julie, I just about flipped when I saw this card! Oh, so FUN! The polka dots and the witchy fashion statement -- FABULOUS!