Monday, December 20, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland...

So, are you all in the Christmas spirit yet? Gosh, I am starting to and here... I only have 5 days before the holiday hits! I better get in the spirit... don't you think? Last night we had our family Christmas party (where I invite all of hubby's family over) and we just eat, eat, eat, do a white elephant exchange and then round out the night with a Christmas light tour. It was so much fun!

Moving on to a card to share....

Are you walking in a winter wonderland where you live? In my neck of the woods, it's more like these ice skaters! We had a warm up, but not enough to melt the streets and then... the cold hit so -- cars are skating left and right! (Thankfully, it's only on the side streets).

Anywhoo... this card was super duper easy peasy! I stamped the Vintage Postcard on Flourishes Classic White card stock using Platinum Brilliance ink -- which is like a silver shimmer and then accented with a B0000 Copic marker (super light blue). Add an embossed backgound, a linen ribbon and some pearl swirls and... done! I did add some glitter to parts of my snow covered areas -- but it's hard to tell. All in all, it's just a soft looking card.

Glad you stopped by "my place!" Wishing you the best the season has to offer -- however you celebrate!

13 comments:

Raven said...

No snow here on the coast in Northern Ca., but that doesn't mean I can't admire the beauty of the winter scene in your card. Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for sharing.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous card, Julie! I love the softness of it and those pearl flourishes are a fantastic touch.

Off to finish making my Christmas cards...I'm a little slow getting 'into' it too! Luckily for me the hubster did all the decorations and the tree!

Hope you are well and that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE this pale blue and white beauty!! Your get-together sounds like a ton o' fun. :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Beauty of a card!

Jan Castle said...

LOVE this card...and it's sooooo cooooool looking!
Jan Castle

Holly Saveur said...

Very Elegant and gorgeous!
A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Betty said...

Very pretty Julie...and so fitting for us with all the snow (we're on course to break our all time record already). Call up some nice weather and roads as DD is driving home Thursday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Shirley Fread said...

We have lots of snow here in Northwestern, Ontario, Canada! I love your card...it looks a lot like the scenery here. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Doris said...

Gorgeous card--love how the pearls accent the dotted swiss!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Wow! That card really gave me the christmas spirit - for sure! This is so gorgeous Julie.
Wishing you and your family a happy christmas and a wonderful new year!
Hugs.

Darlene said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Your card is gorgeous ... but that's no surprise! All your work is TOP NOTCH!
Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, Julie!

It makes me want to get out my snow scene stamp and make one "Just like yours"!

Have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Honey Bee

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... love the white on white and your shimmery sparkle is perfect.