Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's a cupcake kind of day!

Doesn't that title sound delish? I think so, but I have a major sweet tooth! It's all about cupcakes for the Impression Obsession challenge! And, thus... the title of this post! All you need to do is make a cupcake the centerpiece of your creation, use IO stamps to do so and you could win $25 to the Impression Obsession store.

So... here goes! I bet you've never seen a cupcake quite like this! :-)

I love this image because not only is it sweet... but after a long week... I could use a tropical escape! This is one of the new stamps from Leigh Hannan called Palm Cupcake. The sentiment is from Alesa Baker called Sweet Wishes. After stamping, I colored the cake up with Copic markers (RV32, RV34, RV02, RV00, E31, E33, E27, E25, YG03, YG06, YG63) After I was done stamping, I did sponge some Angelic Pink Memento ink around the cupcake (I did leave the Spellbinder's Oval die I used to cut the oval on the shape while I sponged to leave that white edge.The oval was matted on a shape cut with a Spellbinders Beaded Oval die, which was embossed and sanded to reveal the paper's white core) Add some fun decorative paper, an embossed and sanded edge, some cotton ribbon and my sentiment on a punched oval and... ta da!!!

Want to get a "taste" of some other delicious cupcakes? Head on over and see what the rest of the IO DT whipped up this week! Or, if you want more details on the challenge, don't forget to click HERE!

Daniela Dobson
Deborah March
Dina Kowal
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Laura Fulcher
Shirley Ross
Kelli Richardson

Hope your week is ending on a high note! I've gotten some emails asking about my puppy -- thanks bunches! She gets her "cone of shame" off tomorrow and hopefully stitches come out then too. Yeah! Being that she is a herding dog, both my hubby and I are getting tired of being "coned" by her -- so we will love her getting that off just as much as she will! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by and saying "hi!" See y'all back here soon!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

OMGosh!! I just saw how you did the rim and I love it!! and the card too of course!! Lovely!

Katie said...

This is such a well put-together card! I don't know how you do it, you always have great layout ideas! I love your scor lines! Thank you for sharing!

Katie

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee How cute is this cupcake! Darling!