Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mix and Match Patterns!

Hey all! How's your week shaping up? Good I hope! I'm squeaking in the Timeless Tuesday challenge.. on Tuesday! That hardly ever happens in my world!!! :-) Betty Wright is the hostess with the mostess this week over on the Flourishes Blog and her challenge was to add not one, not two, but three pattern papers to your cards! The patterns can be bold and dramatic or soft and mellow.. your choice!

So... here's what I came up with....

I kind of went for a bold look... big polka dots, a small patterned green paper (as a mat to my berries) and then a kind of distressed light pink pattern... all adds up to a lot going on but I kinda dig it! LOL! Since my patterns were pink, I stamped on classic white cardstock and then chose to color up my strawberries with shades of pink Copic Markers as well. I used the Spring Greens and Peony Collections grouped by Flourishes. I also added a smidgeon of yellow on the little flowers (Y08 and Y13). Add some B0000 to highlight and some glitter glue to the flowers' centers and... almost done! Mat it up, add some bling, a sentiment matted up on a Spellbinders' Blossom die cut shape (embossed and sanded), add a ribbon and bow and.... Ta Da!!! :-) I have to tell you, I just love coloring up those strawberries. Gets me in the mood for summer! We had a 63 degree day here in Billings, which is a tad unusual for February so -- I was lovin' it! 

Want to join in on this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge? Just click HERE! You have until next Monday to enter!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back Thursday with another challenge and this one promises to be really sweet! :-)


7 comments:

Peachy Wessels said...

I really love this card! I love the layered pattern look, and these strawberries look so real! Great coloring job! Very pretty.

Tammy Hershberger said...

I LOVE this, Julie! Love how you just stamped a bit of the big strawberry bunch as the focal image, and the colors are so pretty and SPRINGY!

Diane said...

Lovely as always! Hmmmm!!!! Making wanting to get some strawberries!

denise g. said...

Yeah! Another pretty pink card!! You're so sweet to do such a super job (love that green bow) and share it with us. It's Wednesday for me because it would have been the middle of the night(and I'm too old to be up that far past my bedtime) if I saw this when you posted it, but we had 53 whole, real degrees here in the mitten today. WHOORAAAH!! Keep sending warmer weather, please.

Betty Wright said...

Julie, this is wonderful and so beautifully detailed! Love all the patterns and the hope that it will be hot enough to eat some fresh picked strawberries!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Julie, this is so pretty! I love it in these sweet strawberry colors!

The Rubber Maid said...

The pattered papers are awesome together and of course the coloring just beautious. Nice work as usual. Mom