Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Get Sketchy!

Hello all and welcome the first of Flourishes' fun-filled noon time challenges during release week!! It's exciting with three new stamp sets on the line! Today, it’s all about a sketch for you to try. Give it a whirl and you could walk away with all three of Flourishes new sets for June!




HOW TO PLAY: See this sketch above? All you need to do is make a card or creation by using this as your inspiration and you’ll be in the running! It’s just that easy! With three stamp sets on the line, what are you waiting for? Just click HERE for the official rules and to link up your creation when you're done.

On to my creation! This sketch above is on the simple side, so I thought -- what better way to just let Flourishes new Zinnia stamp set sing? I love to color and this floral is a dream to color!



All of the elements that I used are a part of the 123 Create Kit called Venice. I just love the rustic shades in this kit. After stamping my image on Flourishes Classic White with Memento Tuxedo Black, I did color my image up with Copic markers and used the Falling Leaves, Sunflower and Spruce Collections grouped by Flourishes. After I was done coloring and blending, I used the shades BG000 and BG0000 to highlight around my image. After matting it up, add some paper piercing, some silver cording and... ta da... done!


Here's a closeup, so you can see the paper piercing and also the small sentiment I added from the set as an accent on the side of my flower bunch....



And that, my friends, is it! Need a little inspiration? Check out these fine ladies creations to get those creative juices flowing!


Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in the fun! So, what are you waiting for? Get inky and join us in the fun!


22 comments:

petra,s cards said...

hi juli, your flowers almost looks real sooo beautiful!!!!
xx petra

dpkennedy said...

So beautiful Julie! Your coloring is amazing! Love this!

Lee said...

Oooo I love the deep and rich color of the flowers!! And a fun sketch I definitely will try!

Terri Daugherty said...

Oh how I wish I could color like this! You did an amazing job with the zinnias, they look REAL!!

ChristineCreations said...

ooo the tealy blue with the yellow orage looks so nice together! And I love that crushed silk ribbon, and the piercing too! Beautifully done Julie!

jjocarlson said...

Hi Julie love the colors in your card! Thank you for sharing!

Ravengirl said...

Wow, I love how you picked up the colors of the patterned paper in your flowers. Amazing!

dinosaur said...

I love the colors you have chosen. They look so real!

Gailanne said...

You've used my very favourite colour combination in this stunning card. Well done!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful, Julie! The Spruce collection is a perfect match for the paper. You've given your flowers such dimension with your awesome coloring. Love the sketch!

bensarmom said...

Julie, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Jacqueline Smith said...

Love this card what colors! Thanks for sharing with us.

Linda Carson said...

What a beauty! Love your choice of colors!

denise g. said...

I can smell your GORGEOUS flowers! Absolutely amazing coloring, as always. Pretty card and I hope you are enjoying some pretty weather, too. Hot and muggy in the mitten tonight and the skeeters are looking for an after dinner snack, but I'm not shoveling :)

Peachy Wessels said...

Great card - your coloring is fantastic! Love it!

Heather Rogers said...

Stunning Julie. I love the new Zinnia set. I planted some from seed this year and I should have blooms in the next couple days. Your wide ribbon looks wonderful and your coloring if beautiful! :)
Hugs~

Glenda said...

Julie, what an amazing card! Your shading on the flowers is just perfect and I love the papers and ribbon you used!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful!!!!! Love the colors!!!
And the paper piercing with the small sentiment is perfect!!!

Misti said...

Gorgeous! These look so real!! Your coloring is AMAZING!!!

Sherry Kushibab said...

The stripes and polka dots on the paper just make your beautifully colored flower stand out even more..love that ribbon and sentiment.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Julie! Love how you coordinated it with the Venice paper!

Beth Miller said...

Georgous color combination!