Thursday, June 14, 2012

Are you ready for another fun-filled Flourishes' Noon Time challenge for their June release? Well get ready to get your fingers inky because if you play along, you could win all three of our new stamp sets this month! All you need to do is take the…..

HOW TO PLAY: To play in the “Arts and Letters” challenge, all you need to do is just do what the title suggests — create Art... with Letters! Use a letter as a focal point in your card or creation and you will be in the running! If you upload to a Splitcoaststampers gallery, please use the keyword FLLCJUNRW2. Entries must be in before Friday, June 15th at 5PM EST. To enter, make sure you link up your creation below using the Inlinkz widget!

On to my creation!

For my card, I wanted to try to use the Letters in Blossom set with its sister set called Summer Blossoms. I stamped the brackets from the set to kind of "frame" my letter with Tuxedo Black ink on Flourishes Classic White and colored with a mix of Copic markers.  I also cut out both the letter and the image with a Spellbinders Classic Circle die and before I took the die off - I sponged on some Spun Sugar Distress ink. Add some stitching, some crochet lace, a fun dash of seam binding ribbon (Flourishes will soon be carrying this!) and a pearl and .... ta da! I made this one for my darling mom a.k.a. the Rubber Maid and will be sharing with her soon!

Here's a close up to peek at!



While you’re hopping, don’t forget to go over and see the rest of the fabulous Flourishes designers who took on this challenge!
The OFFICIAL Rules…..
  • Simply create a card making a letter the focal point
  • Entries need to be in by Friday, June 15th by 5 PM EST
  • Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
  • You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
  • Please DO NOT combine challenges.
  • If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCJUNRW2
  • We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post – check back Saturday, June 16 at noon CST to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!


Pin It

13 comments:

Susan said...

What a lovely card. I really like the way you combined the two sets!

Amanda said...

I love how you used your combined stamp sets!! I mean, why didn't I think of trying that? Your flowers just pop off the paper and I love, love how you placed your monogram letter in the middle of them! Again, Genius :)

~ Amanda :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

Love this combination, Julie! Your coloring is seriously ROCKSTAR on this too!

Stacy Morgan said...

Girlie fresh! meaning love the girlie feminine feel and love the fresh feeling.

ChristineCreations said...

Girl, I love how the blossoms frame out the monogram. This is so beautiful! So perfectly girly too!

Lin said...

They go beautifully together!! So glad that you're releasing them together - love your card!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Julie!! Love how you designed with those images! The colors are beautiful too.

Lisa Novak said...

So pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Julie!!~

Greta said...

Wonderful card, Julie! I just love this new set--right to the top of my wishlist!

Ravengirl said...

This is lovely! Such a gorgeous bow to set off your "P".

Anne-Elise said...

So beautiful!! Love the flowers with the letter in the middle and the gorgeous bow!

Beate said...

I love how you nested the letter between those flowers. Wonderful card.
Hugs and smiles