Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let's hear it for the Red, White and Blue!

Hi all! And... Happy Friday! In just a matter of days, sparks will fly as fireworks hit the skies over the United States to celebrate our independence! To get ready for the fanfare, the Flourishes Design Team is getting ready to share a little of the red, white and blue by using Flourishes' set Patriotism on Parade! Even Christine Okken (one of our resident Canadians decided to share in the spirit!)

On to my creation!

I started by stamping "Proud to be an American" right on what looked like a label on a piece of paper from the Genuine paper pack. Doesn't it look sewn on? I loved that and while I didn't know when I stamped this what on earth I would do - I knew I had to work it in!


And, here's a peek at my creation! All paper is from Genuine with the exception of the red and white polka dot paper that I grabbed from my scrap bin. I added some stitching, a bow made out of the solid red wrinkled ribbon, a punched border and epoxy flower and... almost done!


The focal point of my card was, of course, these cute kiddos in silhouette! You can also see that in addition to stamping them (using Tuxedo Black Ink), I stamped some fireworks as well on the paper using Danube Blue and Love Letter Memento Inks.


And.. lastly, while I loved this tag - I decided the paper that it was on was too light - so I cut it out and attached it to this darker blue damask pattern. And... to keep the stitching look - I actually attached it by sewing it on! Put your matted image on a card made out of Flourishes Classic White paper and that, my friends, is it!
Now you'll have to head on over and see what splash of patriotic creativity the rest of the design team is firing off this week! Thanks for stopping by!

  • Barbara Anders
  • Christine Okken
  • Cindy Lawrence
  • Danielle Kennedy
  • Julie Koerber 
  • Sharon Doolittle
  • Stacy Morgan
  • Tammy Hershberger

  • Have a fabulous weekend!
    ~Julie

    Pin It

    10 comments:

    Glenda said...

    I love your card! What a wonderful way to use this stamp!

    Stacy Morgan said...

    This has a country feel to the Fourth of July with the stitching and your denim and red. Very cute Julie!

    Sue from Oregon said...

    Love this!

    Shelly Schmidt said...

    Perfect card in keeping with the Patriotic spirit! Love the papers and the great stitching you added!

    Heather Rogers said...

    What a fabulous 4th of July card. I love your denim paper and cute tag. I just realized I don't have any 4th of July Flourishes images. That has got to be one of the few I don't own.

    Hugs~

    Denise Marzec said...

    I love that label for the sentiment. I does look sewn on!

    dpkennedy said...

    This is really pretty Julie! I love the polka dots and damask, and your tag is fabulous! Have a happy 4th!

    Tanya said...

    I love everything about this!! The silhouette is adorable and the tag is fabulous!

    Anonymous said...

    If you take these pain relievers often, switching to a
    natural substitute such as Boswellia may relieve your symptoms.
    Cut the paper templates and arrange them on top of the second cake (in the same way
    they were arranged before you cut them, so they'll all fit). Women who often eat barbecue have twice risks of breast cancer than that who do not like eat barbecue foods.

    Have a look at my page Volcano Vaporizer

    Anonymous said...

    The brain is the central commanding post of any human activity; an individual brain's capacity and development dictates how well an individual carries out issues relating to life. Excess water runs off into a drain, eliminating the collection of mineralized water and associated deposits and also the risk of airborne bacteria. We would notice the cracking wallpaper, the drying wood furniture, our dry and itchy eyes and skin, our dry mucous membranes and the discomfort our pets endure.

    Feel free to visit my website ... portable Vaporizer