Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Whatcha got around the house?

Hey all and happy Tuesday! Last week I decided to play along with Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday gals and I thought -- heck why not make it two weeks in a row? This week's challenge is all about finding something around the house and using it on your card! This one kind of threw me for a loop. I have to admit!

On to my creation! For starters, I have a confession to make. I designed this card using a real, life bottle cap. But, come to find out -- it is a lot harder to get good results from a real bottle cap than it is one of those embellishments you can buy and smash in your die cut machine. So, please know -- a bottle cap off one of my hubby's beer bottles was my true intent. It didn't, however, end that way! LOL! Here goes....
I have a quick and easy card with the center of my card all about the bottle cap! I stamped the Medallion Motif image on Flourishes White Card Stock using Versafine Black Onyx.  Add some color to my image thanks to this Copic Collection....The Lenten Rose Collection.


 And here's a close up of the coloring. You can see I added some bling to parts of my image! This one really sparkles! I added some 1/2" black ribbon and some extra bling and.... almost done!
 

I matted my image onto some of my decorative paper that was in my scrap bin -- some of it is My Mind's Eye from forever ago and the black and cream, I have no idea! ;-) I matted some of my panels onto some Flourishes Classic Black card stock just to give it a little extra pop! And that, my friends, is it! Done!

Hey... did you know... if you like playing along with the Timeless Tuesday gals, don't forget that they have a Friends of Flourishes DESIGN TEAM CALL!  You could become another fabulous designer for your favorite stamp company... yes.. .YOU!!! You can get all the details on how to send in an application right HERE!  Good luck! And... before I forget -- the Flourishes sneaks start tomorrow with the design team showcasing April's New Release - fun and beautiful images that you will want to check out for sure! See you back here then!

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Ooooo... you clever girl! I never would have thought "bottle cap"! Awesome Julie! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Allison Cope said...

Ooooo... you clever girl! I never would have thought "bottle cap"! Awesome Julie! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your card as usual a real beauty. Mom

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!

Broni said...

Awesome idea to use the bottle cap, Julie (even if it isn't from a bottle of beer!). Your card is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous, Julie!! I love the bottle cap. How cool is that!

Kim said...

I would think a bottle cap would be a bottle cap. Who would think? I love the design of your card around the bottle cap. Very striking!!