Monday, May 19, 2014

Bright & Bold Poppies!



Hello all and happy Monday.... PageMaps Monday here on my little blog! It's a day where I scour the CardMaps sketches looking for just the right inspiration! So, want to see my sketch? Here goes! I got this from the December 2011 edition. Loved the clean and classy layout!



And... here's my creation!

I used one of the brand new stamps illustrated by Becky Fleck for Penny Black Stamps called Friendship Flowers. I just loved these dainty little poppies! :-) I stamped using Versafine Black Onyx and heat set before adding a splash of watercolor. I actually used Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers to color these little flowers! I used Barn Door, Peeled Paint and Broken China for the wash behind. All you do is add a drop of reinker to a paint palette and then pick up your color thanks to a water brush -- easy peasy! The sentiment is also from the set! I added a couple Queen & Co. Rhinestones, some white Hug Snug Seam Binding and the paper is a mix of Echo Park 5th Avenue, and Authentique Gathering.

Here's a close up! You can see, I literally just dropped color on. I wanted a kind of "messy artsy look!" ;-)



And that, my friends, is it! If you ever want some layout inspiration -- just hop on over to the Pagemaps Cardmaps HERE -- for literally hundreds of design ideas and samples!

Hope your week gets off to a good start! I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Cute sketch and I love your coloring of the poppies. They are the kind of relaxed sort of image this loose watercolor look is perfect for. Very cheerful and nice, Julie!

Ann said...

Are you using just watercolor paper in your watercolored creations? Gorgeous card!

Julie Koerber said...

Ann, I have some Strathmore watercolor paper that I use for my watercolor creations. :-) And yes, all of the white/cream paper on my card is watercolor paper.