Monday, June 30, 2014

Power Poppy: The Final Day!



Hi all and welcome to the final day of the Power Poppy Digi Release! Today's image -- Countryside Bouquet -- is such a beauty don't you think? Those vibrant flowers are just screaming to be added to your next creation! What a delightful mix of California Poppy, Cosmos and Russian Sage! And this digi set comes with a beautiful sentiment. See? It's just one more addition to Power Poppy's fantastic Digital Sets!


On to my creation! Just like the past two days, I wanted to challenge myself a bit to be inspired by something out of the norm when creating. So, I challenged myself to pick three decorative papers -- use only those three (other than a card base) and then, use those colors dominantly in my creation! So, here's what I picked....


I chose a mix of purples, rich oranges and light blues for my image and I really love how my card turned out! I wish I could share the Copic markers I used but honestly, I forgot to write them down! Sorry! After printing off my image on to Cougar Opaque White Card Stock, I took my time to color this beauty up! I used a Spellbinders Classic Circle die to cut out my image and then, I used a Grand Scalloped Square die for my plaid mat. Add a button, some twine, a bit of seam binding white ribbon, a bit of orange lace, a wee bit of paper piecing and... ta da! Easy peasy! I chose a really simple layout because I really wanted my image to take center stage!


Wait 'til you see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade created with this image! I know some of your jaws are going to drop for sure!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
Power Poppy Blog >>> stop by to see some of Marcella's inspiration for this set!


Tomorrow, we'll wrap up the festivities with an all out Power Poppy Hop with all of the design team! So, be sure to tune back in for some more fantastic creative inspiration! See you then!

~Julie


Pin It

11 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is a stunning bouquet, and I just love how you've really made it center stage! I love your coloring and beautiful layout with simple embellishment, and I also appreciate your sharing your creative process. I often do the same and find my papers to use as a color pallet (much like a quilter does...ha!). Really gorgeous card, and I am going to love this set too! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

Gorgeous girlfriend! The twine is the perfect rustic touch for the gorgeous bouquet....love the patterns you chose to be inspired by too!

Katie Sims said...

WOWZA Julie...those poppies leap off the screen! What beautiful coloring and as always..I am in awe over your awesome layout! How beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Julie!! Your bouquet is gorgeous on the centre stage of your card and the plaid, button and twine add such a country feel - just perfect for a country bouquet! Gorgeous card my friend!!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, that plaid is great that you coordinated with your card and colors.

dpkennedy said...

I love your color palette! Great way to challenge yourself...this is gorgeous!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So you and Dawn have used the same colors. The same but different. I like the papers and the button tied with twine. The simple circle was the perfect frame for the these lovely flowers.

Karen W said...

Beautiful, just love this digi!!

Stacy Morgan said...

I've seen this... where was that?? hee hee Kidding!!! Speaking fresh and summer here we come! Your coloring rocks on this Julie. The papers are fun and great inspiration!

Dawn B. said...

I need to do this too. I have sooo much paper. I have been trying really hard to use what I have. I am always coloring then picking out paper. This is really pretty. Great job.

Allison Cope said...

Such a happy card creation! Lovin' the gingham. You bouquet matches perfectly!