Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's Time for the Power Poppy Hop!

Hello all! And NOW... the moment we've all been waiting for! After looking at all the sneaky peeks from Power Poppy for the last five days, the RELEASE DAY has finally arrived! And, all you need to do is click HERE to see the Storm of Creativity Collection! This bevy of beautiful designs have sure inspired a ton of creativity within the Bloom Brigade! And so now, it's your turn! Grab these gorgeous images and let's see what you can create!

As with every Power Poppy Release Day, the Bloom Brigade loves to pick one of the sets from this week and share another creation as we all take part and have a full fledged Power Poppy Hop!

On to my creation!

I started my design with a little paper from the Carta Bella Yesterday 6 by 6" decorative paper pad and I decided not to color all of this big and beautiful orchid but to "spotlight" it instead! So, I stamped one of the orchids from Power Poppy's new set called Orchids Rock using Memento Rich Cocoa. From there, I stamped my image again using Memento Tuxedo Black onto white card stock. I grabbed my Copic Markers and went to town! I used G20, G21, G24, G28, R24, R00, R35, R39, Y35, Y21, E31, BG0000 and BG10. After coloring just that section, I punched out my flower using a 1/-1/4" circle punch and then matted it on a die cut shape from a retired Spellbinders Blossom die. I trimmed the main decorative paper piece, added a little paper piercing and corner rounding, added my sentiment (also from the set) and then added my main colored image thanks to a wee bit of foam tape. Throw in some burlap twine, a fun brad and... ta da! Done! 

Here's a close up! 


And that, my friends, is it! I won't keep you much longer! Make sure you stop by these fine ladies' places on the blogosphere to see what they crafted for our Power Poppy Hop! I know you won't be disappointed!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber>>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for stopping by and joining us all week. We sure had a blast showing off these new designs! Hope you had fun too! See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, these orchids are so gorgeous, and I love how you've spotlighted it! And what beautiful coloring and colors! I love the layout with the twine and butter, and I always delight in piercing! This is definitely one of my favorite sets this month. Can't wait to play! Hugs!

Katie Sims said...

And spotlight it you did! I love the way you colored your orchid....it is positively radiant! The use of the darling patterned papers adds so much to this beautiful card, Julie! :)

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous. I love that you highlighted it. What a pretty way to showcase this set. Really nicely done Julie.

Brandi R said...

Beautiful card! Love the background you did....really makes the flower pop off the card ♥

Karen W said...

Pretty card and I love the circle with the color, really makes it pop!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is so beautiful! I love how the orchids look like they're actually part of the paper the way you stamped them. The ink is such a good color match with the other printing. The spotlight on the one bloom is a fabulous pop of color against the neutral background. You are so GOOD!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! Julie, that snippet of the image colored so beautifully really pops out the screen!!! I absolutely LOVE IT!!! what a wonderful layout, the twine wrapped around and tied in that pretty boy is a lovely detail, thank you so much for sharing.
Maria.

ChristineCreations said...

I love the earthy feel and the pop of colour Julie. You really gave the set such a beautiful unique look!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Julie. I like that you stamped the flowers on kraft and then highlighted them with color in the frame. Wonderful card.