Sunday, June 7, 2015

Power Poppy Sneaks Day 5: Best Day Ever!

Hello all and welcome to the grand finale of the sneaky peeks for the Power Poppy June Release!!! Tomorrow the sets will be LIVE in the Power Poppy Shop, so have fun hopping and checking out this last set! It's one that is all about seizing the essence of summer and soaking in all the fun possible!


Best Day Ever is a fun set that truly takes the spirit of summer for a serious ride! It's got three whimsical images with a mix of sentiments that is sure to keep you busy for months! 

Let get to my creation! 


When I first set eyes on this image, I laughed. Who doesn't love a great "beachy read" that you just can't put down? Oh my, that's how I spend my summers -- reading the page turner that everyone is talking about! I just knew that I had to color this image up first! I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then, grabbed my Copic markers. I grabbed E31, E33, E55, B00, B23, B34, R81, R83, Y11, Y38 plus C01, and C03. You can see that I paper pieced the blanket/towel that is underneath the hat using Echo Park Fine & Dandy paper. In fact, all of the paper is from that paper pack! I cut around the image and just used a bunch of circle dies to set up the look of my card front. I wanted something fun with a care free feel!

Here's a close up folks!

Add in some paper piercing and some fun rhinestone embellished paper flowers and ta da! Done! I know that the other Bloomies are sure to have a fun spin on this set! So, you'll have to saunter on over to their places on the web to see what they have created!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Tomorrow we wrap up the release with one BIG OLE BLOG HOP with all of the team. We'll pick up our favorites from this release and give 'em one more show! And, guess what? All of the sets will be live in the store and ready for the picking! It's going to be a fun day!!

So, we'll see you all back here soon! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Cindy, what a fabulous card! And what a great way to use a variety of fun designer papers with lots of interesting patterns. I love your paper piecing and the fabulous/easy layout that fits with this relaxing image! Beautifully colored as always, and I just can't wait to play with this. I have a lot of hats like this one living here in South Florida and always love the beach! See you all tomorrow for a fabulous blog hop! Hugs!

Karen W said...

So pretty Julie, love this set also!

Kathy Jones said...

OH MY!!! How FUN is this!!! Love all the circles and you made the towel/blanket spotty too....HOW COOL!!! This card just makes me happy!! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Totally great! Love the polka-dot blanket and the fun papers, I love how perfect the sunglasses look too!

Stacy Morgan said...

hee hee Totally fun! I adore this sketch and the dp you used. Wonderful coloring and just so fun. made me smile.

Leslie Miller said...

I've had so much fun looking at everyone's cards with this set. So cute! This is darling!