Friday, November 6, 2015

Embellish It!

Hello all and happy Friday! With a a brand new month comes a brand new way to design with a creative spark! And, that's why today, I'm helping my fellow Bloomies to unveil the next Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge! So, without further ado.......


This month's challenge is hosted by our Blossoming Aussie Kathy Jones! She dares all of us to dig deep into that embellishment drawer to see just what fun we can pull out and use on a card or creation!

HOW TO PLAY: In the words of Kathy Jones, think "Buttons, Pearls, Rhinestones, Sequins, Ribbon, Brads, Eyelets, Flowers, Micro Beads... use them simply or in interesting ways! Don't have any? Make your own! Wrong colour? Use your markers to colour them up to match your project. Most importantly, have fun and play along!"

For all of THE OFFICIAL RULES all you need to do is click on over to THIS challenge link! The winner will be announced the first Friday in December and gets their pick of a digital or clear stamp set! 

I decided to get in on the action today. So, on to my creation!


I have to say that this image was one that I colored months ago and then never put into a card. I used Copic markers after printing off the digital stamp from the set Geraniums! I used these  markers to color this beauty up! R81, R83, R85, G40, G43, G46, G20, YG63, E84, and BG0000. After I was done coloring, I did add some white paint pen to the centers of my flowers!

From there -- time to EMBELLISH! I added not only a half doily but a fun baby blue button as well! Dress it all up with some decorative papers from my scrap bin and this card is good to go!

Here's a close up! 



Now........ drum roll please! It's time to let our Bloom Brigade take center stage! It's always too fun to see what they've created during the week! So, be sure to hop on over and say "hey!" to get that dose of weekend inspiration! 


Thanks so much for checking in this Friday and paying me a little visit! I hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend ahead! 

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

So fresh and pretty, Julie! Super cute papers and awesome coloring (of course). Love to see flowers this time of year.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is just beautiful and so feminine - I love it! I love this gorgeous geranium and the wonderful layout! And the doily and pretty DP along with the sweet embellishments are perfection! And I really like the double-stitched dies. Totally love it, my friend! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

A beauty Julie, gorgeous colouring and that doily and the sweet little blue button are the perfect delicate touch.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Shame on you for leaving this beautifully colored image sit around for so long Julie!! All of us were missing out on this exquisitely colored beauty!! SERIOUSLY!! Your Geraniums are S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! LOVE the paper doily and bold background colors too! WOW!! Glad you finally got around to showcasing it. ;)

Kathy Jones said...

BEAUTIFUL Julie!!! Your colouring is gorgeous and love the doily and button detailing!! Some lucky person is going to be thrilled to receive this beauty!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I like the crisp and clean feeling to this with those stitched edges... wonderful coloring to boot. very pretty miss Julie.