Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Power Poppy Sneaks Day 2: Folk Heart!

Hello all and welcome to day 2 of the Power Poppy Sneaky Peeks! Today is all about digging into that soulful part of ourselves and pulling out a little folksy charm! Check it out my friends!


Look back to vintage hooked rugs, crazy quilts and the art of yesteryear and you'll get a glimpse at just some of what inspired Marcella Hawley in this latest clear stamp set called Folk Heart! Look for not only this darling little chirping bird nestled in a heart shaped wreath but a heart in hand image and a flower filled vase that I am going to show off shortly! It's the perfect little set for those coloristas who just want to pass some time putting their markers or pencils to use! 

On to my creation! 

I knew when I stamped this image that I wanted it to be an explosion of color! Being that I normally pick out my decorative paper AFTER I stamp and color my card, I realized that would be pretty darn dangerous to just to "expect" to find the right colors! So, I dug through and found this paper pack by My Mind's Eye. It's a pretty old one but I loved the blue sheet with the funky little flowers that reminded me of the same style in this set! So, I matched up some coordinating patterns and then reached for my Copic Markers in these colors to bring this folksy vase to life! 


And, here's a close up so you can see how it all came to be!


I even stamped the same image inside using a little Memento Tangelo ink and some Versafine Onyx for the sentiment -- love the crisp look this ink pad delivers!


The rest is just matting it all up. I started literally by cutting my image out askew and then using those lines to cut my mat as well after I glued my image to each piece of paper. It was a bit risky, I'll admit, but thankfully, it worked! Add a little cotton ribbon and a fun Stampin' Up Crystal button and... ta da!!!! Fini!

Now it's time to groove on over to some of my fellow Bloomies to see how they brought the folk out in this set! 

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Tomorrow brings a new day of sneaks and this next set is all about LOVE! So, come on back and see what the Bloomies have in store! 

~Julie


Pin It

8 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Julie! This is like all of my favorite colors in one vibrantly beautiful place! W-O-W...you definitely made this image SING! Love your pretty, offset layers...I'm with you... that patterned floral paper is perfect here AND then you go and and a plaid too?! Your coloring and shading look incredible. This is simply one of the sweetest, brightest, happiest cards on the planet! Definitely makes for happy hearts for all who see this beauty! Sending hugs your way....

Leslie Miller said...

Love this set and the bright, pretty colors that go with it. Your card is awesome and the papers are perfect with the image!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is GORGEOUS! I just love this image, and you've really colored it with such vibrance that is just perfect with this paper (as its palette) and with it's personality (yes, paper has personality, doesn't it?). And what a fabulous layout with this ribbon and the button. And I eye some paper piercing again that so is perfect! Beautifully done and a great start to the blog hop! Oh, this is just what I imagine for this image! Can't wait to get it! Hugs, sweet friend, and see you tomorrow!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really beautiful Julie. Love the colours you chose and your card layout. Wonderful. Cheers.

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!! LOVE your coloring and the layering of papers!!

Allison Cope said...

How gorgeous is that!??! I love the touches of fun papers but your bouquet blows me away Julie! Love this card to pieces!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Julie! The flowers are gorgeous and I love the heart shaped vase :-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Fun sketch with the stitching around the border too. The papers are so pretty and fresh. Darling card.