Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Power Poppy Sneaky Peeks start TODAY!

Hello all and welcome to a week full of beauty! I am so happy to say that Power Poppy will soon be out with a fresh crop of clear stamps and you'll see sneaks of these sets all this week, right here on the 'ole blog!

This first set is a absolute stunner!


This set, Planning for Magnolias, is inspired by the love Marcella has for not only this plant, but for two very special women in her life. First, her beautiful mom, Susan, who adored Magnolias and grew them right in her own back yard and, second, her daughter, Lulu, who has been hit by the Planner craze. Not only do you have a gorgeous branch of Magnolia in bloom but a fun and colorful planner loaded up with stickers, decorative pens, swatches, clips and of course, a little washi tape! The Star Magnolia that is placed on top is truly the star of the show there! Throw in some "save the date" kind of sentiments, and you have a beautiful stamp set that is begging to be used when trying to catch up with old friends!

On to my creation! I knew I had to color up this larger than life branch and I also knew that whatever I did, I had to move toward a clean and simple design. So, that's where I started! 



After stamping this image on some white card stock, I really spent the first part of my coloring focusing on the background. I wish you could see the background a wee bit better because the upper portion of my image has a yellow glow to it, while the bottom is draped with a bit of blue and purple. I had been wanting to color the background up with Copic markers and then try that technique where you remove some of the color by dampening a cloth with Copic Various Ink and then pressing it into the card stock. Well, I forgot you needed to use a white cloth so that the color from the rag didn't transfer! My rag was a maroon color. :-( After taking off the rag and seeing that bit of dye on my paper, I decided I would "go with it!" I actually think it is interesting! Let's just chalk this one up to a 
bit of a "happy accident!"

After the background was finished I picked up these Copic markers RV00, R81, R83, R85, YG00, YG13, YG05, Y0000, Y11, BG0000, BG000, BG11, BV00, BV0000, E31, E33, and E55 and colored up my branch.

Here's a close up for you! 



From there, it was simply matting it all up. I stamped the sentiment (also from the set) and then punched it out using a 1-1/4" circle punch. Add a bit of silver cording and some paper piercing and... ta da! 

And that, my friends, is it for me today! I happen to know that not one, not two, but ALL of the Bloomies have some creative card making to share with you all today. So, stop by their places here in the blogosphere to see their Planning for Magnolias creations!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Tomorrow, we're going to get a little "folksy" with our sneaky peek so you'll have to swing on by and share a little of your time with me! :-) See you then! 

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Sometimes happy accidents can be amazing. Your card is just wonderful Julie. The colours you have used on the blossoms are so very beautiful. Cheers.

Leslie Miller said...

Interesting how you did the background! Hey, I like it and must try it! Beautiful coloring of the magnolia blossoms. Really love the clean and simple look of your card.

ChristineCreations said...

It’s just a beauty Julie. I totally love the lifted rag color/texture too! :)

Kathy Jones said...

Julie this is GORGEOUS!!! Your colouring is stunning and I adore your 'happy accident'!!! The background is amazing and love the pierced border too. Simply stunning!

Joan B said...

gorgeous!

Davi said...

So simple and Beautiful!! Wonderful coloring and the background really adds a lovely softness!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is so delicate and beautiful. I like the soft coloring and the piercing is a great touch. Beautiful.

Allison Cope said...

Oh Julie... I love your happy accident! It's a perfect bit of colour to your back ground! Love the colouring on your Magnolias too - stunning!

Katie Sims said...

A VERY happy accident indeed! It looks like you planned it to be there and your lovely background looks like what I would envision the first morning light would look like backing these blooms. I love the clean layout with the bit of silver cord and your sentiment detail. As pretty as this is in your photo, I'll bet it is a sight IRL! Way to kick off this release, Julie! What a beauty.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, your card is gorgeous, and I just love the simplicity of your layout! It shows off this beautiful magnolia branch. I love your wonderful coloring, and the background is what captures me so. I love the "happy accident" and have been eager to try this background myself. I actually love the colors and the aura it gives. And you know how much I adore paper piercing, and yours is fabulous! I love the double row (note to self - hehe!). Beautifully finished with the silver cord and your sentiment. Can't wait to see the whole set. Hugs, sweet friend!