Friday, March 4, 2016

Keep Climbing!

It's Friday folks and that means another dose of Power Poppy goodness coming your way! Not only do I have a creation to share but I want to share a a brand new Power & Spark Challenge coming your way thanks to the lovely and talented Stacy Morgan!

Check it out folks!



HOW TO PLAY: The Peek-A-Boo Challenge is about being inspired by this sketch challenge and making sure that the cut outs on your card share a snippet or give you a "peek" of fun underneath! Stacy wanted to let you know that even though the shapes shown on the sketch are circles, let your imagination flow and make them any 'ol shape you like! To prove this point, she used hearts! Oh, she also wants you to use at least two panels as well, which makes sense with this peek-a-boo sketch! To read up on the official details or to link up your take on the sketch, just click HERE to the Power Poppy Blog!

On to my creation! I wasn't able to play along in the sketch -- will do that sometime this month for sure! Instead, I reached for one of Power Poppy's older digital stamp sets called Climbing Clematis!


After printing off my image, I reached for my Copic markers and used a mix from the BG family to give my flowers a kind of monochromatic feel. The greens that I chose also seem to have more of a blue base, which was my goal! After coloring, I added a little yellow glow to help make my image pop a bit more. 

I have to show off part of my card so you can see the dimension on one of the panels. I ended up following Christine Okken's tutorial HERE on using stencils with embossing paste. I had never tried this and while I am normally not a "messy" stamper, I did enjoy the process and the results! I ended up using the paste and then, when the paste was someone dry but still a little tacky, I brushed on some Pearl Ex, a mica based powder to give it a bit of opalescent sparkle! 


And, here's a close up!  I did add a little razzle dazzle to the center of my flowers thanks to some glitter glue -- love that stuff!


And that, my friends, is it!!! Now it's time.... drum roll please.... the fabulously creative, big-hearted, wonderful women also known as THE BLOOM BRIGADE! Hop on over and see their Friday Power Poppy creations and... don't forget to say "hi!" while you're there!


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!



See you back here soon! You should know that Power Poppy does have some fun coming your way tomorrow when Marcella unveils a brand new digital stamp set that is a beautiful expression for the Easter Season! She'll have all the details tomorrow over on the Power Poppy Blog!

~Julie


Pin It

9 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooo...Jules!! My favorite colors!! Love the texture! How fun! Love the sweet little gem gumdrops too! What a beauty!

Gab said...

That is so pretty. It kind of looks like reverse peek-a-boo to me!

Davi said...

Wow that is beautiful and I love the soft aqua colors. The embossing really is very pretty!

Barbara said...

Love all of the texture and beautiful colors on this very stunning card.

ChristineCreations said...

Julie this is SO pretty. I love the colours and that soft yellow glow around the clematis, and I LOVE that you played with embossind paste...it almost has a debossed look that’s so cool!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, very soft and wonderful blooms. This is beautiful.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Julie! Love this card! I would never have thought to colour clementis in Blue Greens - but the look is gorgeous and the texture panel is Stunning!!! I'm not a 'messy stamper' either, but I think I'm going to have to give that a go!! :)

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

So beautiful Julie... I am not a "messy" stamper either but the panel you have created is just stunning. May have to try it. The colours you selected to use are wonderful. Cheers.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, how gorgeous! This is a favorite color of mine, and I love these beautiful clematis! Stunning layout, and I love the fabulous dimension and glimmer using the stencils with embossing paste! I totally love it! Hugs, sweet friend!