Friday, April 22, 2016

Colorful & Creative

Is your weekend about to blast off? Well, I sure hope the answer is YES and that you have some fun planned to make life joyful! To start this blog post, I have a confession to make -- yes. I. DO! Well, some of you might remember THIS little post, where I colored up a card and promised to share the results. Well, guess what? I never did! What? I know! I never did!

So, lucky for me, I remembered to finally do that! And, TA DA!


For this creation, I grabbed not my Copic Markers but my Distress Markers. I figured they had been ignored enough and needed to come out of the drawer! I used these colors....


And, the background was created at the same time I made THIS card, which I used Christine Okken's tutorial HERE over on the Power Poppy Blog on how to bring dimension to your cards using embossing paste. I had never used this stuff and so, I was wowed! I will admit, I am not a messy stamper, so this took me a little bit out of my comfort zone, only in a good way! ;-) Here's a close up of the dimension......


And then, a close up of my colored area!


The rest is pretty self explanatory, add a strip of decorative paper, a little twine accented button and... voila! Done!

Before I go, did you know we are almost nearing the end to this fun-filled challenge?


It's Christine Okken's You Pick 3 challenge! Just pick three markers -- ANY KIND of markers -- and use them to color up your card's main image! You can click HERE for more on the official details and linky for your finished creation. Winner gets her pick of a Power Poppy stamp set! :-) So, join in the fun and good luck to you! 

Now it's time to turn things over to one of my fellow Bloomies who whipped up some colorful fun for you all this week! Stop by and say "hey" to.....





Thanks for stopping by and spending a wee bit of your day with me! You'll have to tune in to the Power Poppy Blog on Monday for a Big & JUICY digital stamp set reveal!!! Marcella has not one, but TWO digital stamp sets to tickle your creative taste buds! One is just about as sweet as they come, another stretches us to live and love sharing beauty on the canvas of life!

See you back here then!

~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is gorgeous! I love the coloring with your Distress Markers, and the background is fabulous!! Love it and really love the double-stitched dies and your embellishments! A beautiful card, my friend! Hugs, and have a great weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how wonderful to see this beauty on a card! This has got to be one of my all time favorite Marcy images, and there are many. I've never used embossing paste, but love how it looks. I'm not a messy stamper, either. Amazing coloring with Distress Markers. No water? I wish I could watercolor my PP digis.

ChristineCreations said...

This is so pretty Julie. I lvoe that you tried the embossing paste....it looks awesome - so perfect to pair with the polka-dot cup!

Cristina González Muñiz said...

So pretty flowers. Beautiful cards.

905lovestostamp said...

Julie, your coloring is SO beautiful that it was overwhelming--in a very good way. LOVE this card! Your flowers really look so realistic, and it has encouraged me to bring out my TH Distress Markers too--thank you!!! :) I have some embossing paste I need to try as well... :) You are really inspiring me to try some new and not so new products of mine, thank you!!!

Best wishes, and as always your cards bring such joy to everyone who sees them. What could be better!!!