Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Power Poppy Sneaks Day 1: Prairie Cheer

Hello all and welcome to a week that's full of color, style and creative inspiration! Why? Because Power Poppy is unveiling a brand new crop of clear stamps and this one is designed to usher in a little bit of nurturing nature!

Check out the very first sneaky peek, will you?



This little number -- Prairie Cheer -- offers a trio of prairie-plucked stems which truly complement our newest Instant Garden digital release, Pure Prairie Bouquet. Did you see the Instant Garden show off this showy bouquet Monday over on the Power Poppy blog? If you missed it, click on over HERE to see this bunch of blossoms and how these gals caused this beauty to explode with color! I digress! This new clear set is all about spreading an easy-going vibe along with some good feelings. From wheat lazily blowing in the breeze to those prairie populists coneflower and smooth aster, this set offers approachable imagery and sentiments that just plain cheer folks up!

On to my creation!

I have to say this stamp set arrived just in time. I have a friend who often snaps up my cards. Well, she mentioned needing one to send to a friend who was a little under the weather. What's nice about this set is that is offers simple and sweet illustrations that really do stand on their own without a lot of extra fluff, if you know what I mean. Because I wanted to get this card whipped up in record time, I opted to let the coloring be the main focus and keep the layout rather simple. After I was done coloring this up with Copics (V0000, V01, V04, V06, Y35, Y38, Y21, YR0000, YR01, RV00, G20, G21, G24), I added in the little details -- decorative paper, a punched circle with the sentiment from the set attached with foam tape and accented with silver cording. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

And here, sweet friends, is a close up! You can see I accented the centers of these little flowers with a little white paint pen and the fuzzy little bumble bee's wings with some Wink of Stella clear glitter pen. 



I  have to laugh because when I talked to Ms. Marcella about this image and how I loved the sweet simplicity of the set she said you could play up the images or let them sing all on their own. In her words -- "The world is your aster!" Ha! Gotta love that girl. 

And with that -- here are the Bloomies! Check out what they colored up using the brand new Prairie Cheer set!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan

Be sure to stop on by The Power Poppy Blog today to read up on what inspired Marcy to bring this set to life! And, I have to say that tomorrow's sneaky peek is sure to add a little sunshine to your days. So much fun! So... stay tuned! 

Until then!
Julie







7 comments:

Allison Cope said...

It's absolutely beautiful Julie! I love the soft violet colour of your Asters! Gorgeous card creation!

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is just lovely! Your coloring is spot on and I do like the stitched frame you used. So very pretty!

auntbubbels said...

I just love your color choices and your beautiful coloring. Perfection.

Happy Stamper said...

So pretty Julie!!

-Irene
mrsirenegarcia@yahoo.com

Jean said...

Delightful! Love how you used this!

Leslie Miller said...

"The world is your aster"! Oh, she's full of 'em! I love the sweet simplicity of this, Julie! Asters are a favorite late summer/early fall-blooming wildflower here. Such a pretty card in the colors you chose. Another must-have set!

Katie Sims said...

Julie, this is just darling! I love the sweet simplicity of this set AND your lovely card. I just might have to CASE this one! ;) Hope all is going well for you and your family! :)