Friday, August 26, 2016

Soothing Sympathy

Hello folks and happy Friday! I hope the sun is shining and air is light in your neck of the woods! It was back to school week for us here and man, was I NOT ready for a schedule! After sleeping through her alarm, it appeared my daughter wasn't either! ;-)

Moving on, I have a Power Poppy card to share on this Bloom Brigade Parade Friday and it's one that already has a stamp on it ready to be put in the mail. I really hate having to make sympathy cards but do love that I can put a piecce of myself in each one I make so that the recipient knows it was truly sent from the heart. On to my creation... 



This card is being sent to one of the ladies I met while watching our sons play football together. Her husband lost his fight to cancer after several years in the battle. Even on his worst days, he would be in the stands. Even in the midst of her pain, she always had a smile on her face and an unshakable faith. It was and is so inspiring. So, even though we weren't terribly close, I really wanted to share just how much her love for him and her faith touched my heart. 

I picked up Power Poppy's set Soothing Sympathy and colored up the peony in the set using soft peach tones. I honestly don't remember which ones but if I had a guess I would say I used R21, R01, RV00 for the flower and G20, G21 and G24 for the leaves. I kept the background crisp and simple and didn't even add any shading around the image. I put it together using a clean layout and added a bit of bling thanks to a row of rhinestones. 

Here's a close up for you....

And here's a peek inside. You might not be able to see but I did stamp the rosemary sprig from the stamp set on the inside using a super soft green ink. 


And that, my friends, is it! Some of my fellow Bloomies have some fun things to share for this little Friday show and tell! So, click on over and see these fine ladies....


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks for stopping by and spending a bit of your morning with me! I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead and I'll see you back here real soon!

~Julie

4 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a heartbreak for the dad to a young son lose his battle to cancer. I know the gal will love this beautiful card and find great comfort in it and be touched that you sent it to her. It's so gorgeous with this lovely peony, and I love the soft colors and beautiful layout. Just enough bling too. And what a beautiful inside of the card. This is one I will have to CASE. I love it! Well, at least it's Friday now, so the alarm clock won't go off for a couple of days! :) Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for Monday's inspiration and for today's card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so clean and pretty, Julie. I love how you did the layout with the inset circle and the line of rhinestones. I'm so sorry about your friend's loss. Way too young.

katemade designs said...

This is absolutely stunning. And I know anyone who receives this would be blessed.