Friday, September 2, 2016

Birthday Wishes for Someone SPECIAL!

Hello folks and happy Friday! Hope your week is ending on a high note! Since it's Friday, I have a little Power Poppy goodness to share along with some of my fellow Bloomies! Woo hoo! 

So, let's get right to it, shall we? My creation today is in honor of one of my fellow Bloomies who is celebrating a BIRTHDAY today -- Ms. Cindy Lawrence! Happy birthday sweets, I hope you have the best day ever and know I am sending virtual hugs, a delish virtual cake and plenty of good wishes to last the whole year long! 

On to my creation....

Since I had yet to color up this little cake image from Power Poppy's Party Time stamp set, I knew I wanted to make it cute and colorful! So, I grabbed a rainbow of Copic colors and went to town! I also wanted to add that darling little banner from the set as well and make each one a different color to add another layer of fun! As you can see, I did add some accents on the banner thanks to a white paint pen -- little dots, little bits of plaid, hearts -- we've got it all! 

From here, it's just layering it all up with a punch of color in the decorative papers that I used. I also added a few enamel dots for a little extra sumpin' - sumpin'! 

Here's the digital stamp that I used for the inside. This little number is actually from the digi set called Layer Cake. 


And, here's a little close up for you! 


And that, my friends, is it! You'll have to run over and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the lovely, vivacious, creative and sweet Cindy Lawrence (there are many more adjectives to describe this amazing woman but you get the jist!) And, while you're hopping, pay these other creative ladies a visit too! ;-)

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Power Poppy Blog -- make sure you check to see if you are the Power & Spark Winner this month!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a wee bit of your day with me! Hope you have fabulous weekend plans ahead. We might head for the mountains, my happy place! See you back here soon!

~Julie

4 comments:

Kathy J in Ellicott City said...

So cute!

Davi said...

What a fun card, I love the rainbow colors you used and the pretty coloring :)

Stacy Morgan said...

So cheerful and fun. I adore the pennants and the way you made them different. Great colors and she will love it.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is bright, cheery, and so fun! I love your layout with the sweet little pennants, and your cake looks so yummy! Fabulous coloring and a really wonderful card inside and out! Hope you all have a wonderful and fun weekend! Hugs!