Friday, December 30, 2016

A little project do-over!

Hello dear friends! I sure hope you had the merriest of Christmases and enjoyed friends and family --- just soaking it all in! I have to say that I did. We had a beautiful Christmas Eve that was quiet and peaceful as we awaited the birth of our Lord and then, the next day we were surrounded by more family the whole day long. It was a weekend of blessings and I sure hope it was for you too!

It honestly felt strange not showcasing a Christmas card today! I had to strain not to reach for a red and green scheme when I was putting this one together! I do have something fun to share however and it is actually a "re-do" of a creation from quite a while ago. I am not sure about you, but I have a box of finished cards and every now and then I look back and see -- what's not being used and why? It's during those times that I see if there is a card or colored piece that can get a makeover to make it more user friendly. And this time, I did find a finished project that needed a "do-over!"

This was the project from back on April 6th, 2015. Yes, this little number has been sitting for THAT LONG! Way back when I thought I would give it to my mom with some seeds but then I never bought seeds and shifted gears for Mom's Day and so this little envelope ended up sitting....


Just a note before I show you the "redo" that the silhouette and digital files for this project are still live over on the Power Poppy Blog HERE if you ever wanted to follow the project above! There's even a Silhouette cut file for the little envelope featured!

Now, onto my new, more user-friendly creation!


You can see that in order to have this do-over, I needed to cut out the image and make that my focal point instead of using the full she-bang. I used a stitched circle die and then matted it on a die cut shape to really accent it. This image is the digital stamp from Power Poppy called Countryside Bouquet. If you can "see" this in the photo, the blue piece of card stock was stamped with Versamark ink using the daisy stem from the clear stamp version of this set called Countryside Bouquet Deluxe! I thought the plain blue was just.... too plain!

From there, I added the sentiment running down the side from the Power Poppy set called Cozy Cupfuls. Even though this is a Christmas set, I think this sentiment is great for use all year round! Afterward, I added a little twine and a wooden button and ta da!!! Fini! Now I have a all-occasion card that I just know will be used in the next few months! 

Here's a close up for you!


Well folks, the fun doesn't end here! Be sure to hop on over and see what some of my fellow Bloomies have up their creative sleeves too! 


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!




Thanks so much for stopping by! Cheers to a Happy New Year! Next time we "talk" it will be 2017!!
~Julie





2 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Looks so vibrant and full of the hope of spring! An awesome do-over Julie! Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I absolutely LOVE that you did a redo of your seed packet card...it's brilliant! I so love the colors you've used with the blue in the background to pull out the blue flowers, and I always LOVE gingham! Beautiful way to add the sentiment too! And the twine and button just finish it for a lovely vintage/country feel. Love the great die stack too, and I am wondering what the bottom one (green polka dots) is. I love it! Beautifully done redo, and I think I need to "visit" my card box...hehe! Wishing you love and a happy new year, my friend! Keep warm and cozy! xoxo