Thursday, July 27, 2017

Pure Prairie Spirit: Power Poppy Sneaks Day 2!


Hello peeps and welcome to DAY 2 of all the fun surrounding Power Poppy's brand new clear stamp release of The Abundance Collection! Today's stamp set might look a wee bit familiar. That's because this gorgeous image was first released in digi form in August of last year as Pure Prairie Bouquet. Well, I mean to tell you, Marcella got so many comments begging her to bring this set out in clear form, she listened! This new set -- Pure Prairie Spirit --  comes with that big bodacious bouquet along with a duo of fluttering butterflies that can be placed anywhere you like! Plus, there are some super senties that have such a fun and, dare I say, trendy vibe!


On to my creation! 


When I first set sights on those fun little butterflies, I just knew that I needed to try to make them the centerpiece of my card. So, I stamped the little guy on a post-it note and then went about stamping, masking, masking and stamping until I had a line of butterflies along the left side of my panel. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then, grabbed some Copic markers to bring those little wings to life! I used C03, C05 to darken up the wings and then Y35, YR04, YR07 and R14 on the wings. I highlighted with B0000 and then added a little shading underneath the butterflies with BV0000 and BV00. You can also see I added some dots around my image. I have this super old peg stamp with those dots and every now and then, I reach for it just to add a little pizazz! 

Here's a close up for you! 


Now, if this layout looks a little familiar to you. There's a reason for that! I am playing along in Ally Cope's Power & Spark Challenge!

For this month's challenge, you need to CASE -- Copy & Steal Everything -- from one of the Bloom Brigade Designers! I happened to love THIS creation - Orchid Hues - from the sweet and talented Christine Okken! I do have a few differences -- I didn't add the band of decorative paper around the middle. And, I did leave off the stitching as well. But, I think if you compare design notes, you'll see the basic layout is there! ;-) If you haven't played along in this month's challenge, click HERE to read all about it and then, like I always say, get those fingers inky! If you play along, you could win a $50 shopping spree to the Power Poppy Shop! What's better than that?

And that, my friends, is it from me! Time now to pay these lovely ladies below a visit to see how they put Pure Prairie Spirit to use in their own crafting spaces!


Julie Koerber >> you are here! 


Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to swing by tomorrow to see Day 3 of the Abundance Collection! Tomorrow's set is truly one of a kind and full of Marcella's charm -- sharing a vibrant and beautiful life! You'll have to come back and see what I'm talking about! :-)

Until then!
~Julie

No comments: