Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stick It To 'Em

Close to two years ago, Phyllis, a stamping friend introduced me to the world of stickers with some fun Christmas creations using Penny Black stickers. I guess before that, I was kind of a snob. Stickers? No. I am a rubber stamper. I don't need to use stickers. Well, she showed me how elegant it could be. I made 40 that year for Christmas cards and haven't stopped making cards here and there since! This set was from one of the more recent Penny Black sets.

This is how the sticker sheet came.... and below are all the cards I got out of that one sheet!


The stickers & cards...












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just used this same set of stickers to make cards last night. I love how easy and fast they make things.

Corie said...

Oh my these are absolutely gorgeous!!

Karen Lindsay said...

Your cards are beautiful! Since I, too, was shown by Phyl how to make use of Penny Black's wonderful stickers, I have made many cards using them and look forward to every new set. :)

Ann said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration, and glad you're back with some posts.

Stephanie Mosher said...

LOL...I have to admit I am bit of a sticker snob too, but the cards you made are wonderful! I may have to do some rethinging. Thanks for sharing :O)

Kimi said...

I love using stickers on cards and have recently gone back to my first discovery in the scrapbooking world many years ago. Ironically, I got into stamping due to the "high cost" of those beautiful creations! I put them aside while I learned how to "create my own" focal point on cards, but have recently brought them back out to play with. I can get many more cards made with stickers, as half of the work is done for you before you even begin. Your creations are quite LOVELY and I'd love to see more!
Happy day,
Kim