Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!


EDIT: Forgot to mention, this was part of the SCS156 Card Challenge!


I know this little martini glass is full of hearts and love... but hey, that's what I wish for you in 2008! This is one of IO's new stamps for Valentine's Day.

I stamped the "heart-tini" in Versafine black ink and then colored it with watercolor pencils. The fun thing about this card is the fact that I used the circle part as my actual card. See?


I just ran a folded piece through my Wizard with my Nestabilities Circle die (the largest in the small circles set). I kept the fold by just making sure the die didn't cover all of my paper. I used my scalloped circle die for the mat and I stamped one of my little cupcakes (you can barely see them but they are there on the red background piece of paper) with red ink all over. These are the same little cupcakes/candies that I used a few days ago for my "You Are Sweet" card. Fun! I added a little photo hinge before I assembled the card because I didn't want my circle card flying open. You might not also see the little bling in the stem of the glass. I added a red rhinestone --because you know I HAVE to have sparklies on my cards! That's pretty much it!

Happy New Year! We aren't doing anything huge here - just going over to a friends house to play games. It's actually a tradition that we have kept for probably 10 years! Our kids are all about the same age, so it is really nice.

Best to you in 2008!!!

9 comments:

Chris said...

Happy New Year to you also!! I love the card. The design is so clever.

Daniela Dobson said...

Oh, wow, love what you did here with the new stamps. Love all the bright colors. I need to post the rest of mine.

Cheryl said...

So Cool! I love that the circle part is the card! Great idea!

Janine said...

I just love these stamps from IO. They are so unique. Love what you did...

Charlotte said...

Great cards Julie!!!

Happy 2008!

Jules said...

This is a great card, love the stamp, love the circle, love the coloring!!! fabulouso!!!

Diane said...

Lovely card Julie!!! I love when I
scroll down to read on and see your beautiful stamp room!!! It looks so calm and inviting,I want to go stamp there,lol!!!
Have a great 2008!!!!!

Katie Skiff said...

That is so clever....I may have to CASE it!! Happy New Year!!

Karen Lindsay said...

Love this card and I am going to CASE it! :) As a TAC representative, one of the tools they promote in the catalog is the Coluzzle knife and templates. I've been forced to finally work with mine and am wondering why I didn't a long time ago. I'm going to use this idea with my Coluzzle templates as I create sample cards for workshops. Thanks!

Karen