Thursday, February 14, 2008

The dirty truth!

Warning: The first part of this post is a dirty shame. It is not for the faint of heart and might just terrify small children........




Over the past few months, I have gotten QUITE a bit of grief over my stamp room pics and how clean my space is. I'm sure it's all in good fun. I even had a lady (very sweet woman) at Jo Ann's say, "I just can't believe how clean your stamp room is!" Another, actually called it disgusting! Yes. Disgusting! Well, these photos should tell you the dirty truth about me. When I am on a crafting binge as I call it. You can't find a darn thing. My son has affectionately called it the tornado room at times because it looks like an F5 hit---only in that 8 by 10 foot space! Look closely in the pics and you'll see piles of stamps, markers, yesterday's diet coke, punches, paper scraps, ribbon on the floor, sewing machine just lying about, no place to sit, boxes stacked. Ok, now do you believe me that I am not a neat freak!!!! :-)

Here's some more proof!!!


Ok... moving on. I have to say a huge thanks to my bud Janine who honored me with the "This Blog Is Rated E for Excellent!" You're the best! If you haven't checked out her blog, you should. She always has the greatest ideas and she is off the charts thoughtful. Janine, I think you deserve the award--right back at ya! So consider yourself re-awarded!! (Someone beat me to the punch!)



I have to say, I have had such a blast these last few months getting to know the people that stop here daily. You all bring smiles to my life! I might create another award for that and start handing it out! :-)

A Little Sweetness For Valentine's Day!



Now.. for a creation! I made this little cupcake cup using the Cricut (tags, bags, and boxes cartridge, nut cup container) and then embellishing it with my Wizard circles and scallops. The stamps are from a Hero Arts clear set called "Cupcakes" and I colored them with watercolor pencils and added bunches of Stickles glitter in red and crystal colors. I used the Cricut at my LSS but I would love to know what you think about this machine. Do you love it? Can't live with out it? Like it just so-so? Fill me in. I really liked this cartridge and am toying with the idea of adding it to my craft room. It will never replace my Wizard, but, might be fun every now and then!

Well my friends, have a wonderful Thursday!
Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. Edited to Add:
Get this - my bloggin' bud Asela created some special images just for today that you can print and play with. They are DARLING! How incredibly thoughtful is that? I told her, isn't it just my luck that my printer ink is out???? I guess I really needed to go to the store anyway! Check out the images HERE.

16 comments:

Janine said...

Hey chickie !! My stamp room looks like your stamp room.. Today I am cleaning it as soon as I get home from work..
I love that little container.. Cant help you regarding the Cricut.. Dont own one and have never used one.. Tell me more about the Wizard when you have a minute.. Is it worth it..
Have good one !!

Penny said...

Ah, so Miss-not-so-perfect!?! LMAO!! Yep, looks exactly like my desk, cutter to the left, Versafine and Versamark always out and a whole heap of other stuff piled up including pizza boxes (no pizza, just scrapbooking supplies!!), oh and my drink would be a nice cup of English tea!:)

And the cupcake bag is soooo cute! Love it!

Karen Lindsay said...

Yay! It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who can make a room look like a tornado hit it! I quickly made a BD card for my grandson the other day and my room went from neat looking (not spotless) to disaster. Just for one card! LOL! Thank you for sharing everything -- your room, your creations, your talents. :)

Karen

Karen Lindsay said...

Yay! It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who can make a room look like a tornado hit it! I quickly made a BD card for my grandson the other day and my room went from neat looking (not spotless) to disaster. Just for one card! LOL! Thank you for sharing everything -- your room, your creations, your talents. :)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day! Love the pictures of your room, it's pour genius at work! Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Opps...lol...I mean Pure Genius!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the grins! I need to clean my space(s), but can always find something more pressing to do - like the laundry or "adjusting" the s-n-o-w that is relentless here this winter. Happy Valentines Day! And I salute you with my Diet Coke (today's, as you deserve a fresh, cold one!)

Diane said...

OMG!! I can't believe you are showing those pics,lol!!!My room looks like that almost everyday!!
Love your little basket!
Happy Valentine's day Julie!!!

Lesli said...

Hey Julie - I'm glad to know you are just as imperfect as the rest of us :) I love the cupcake!!!

Phyl said...

I know how you feel. Jules. I love my room organized and tidy but when I'm on a frenzy, I create a disaster, too. Thanks for sharin'.

Carolyn King said...

I love your craft space....it looks just like mine!!! lol!

Jules said...

You are crackin me up!
So nice to see your craft room messy, I was wondering if it always looked like that, but I doubted it since you do such fabulous work!

Jennifer Buck said...

Your desk looks cleaner than mine right now!...Absolutely love the container. It's so super cute! :)

Becca said...

Attn: Your Royal Hiness Princess Julie:

Okay the blog is terrific
the cards are beautiful
your ramblings entertaining and the mess...well
inviting to see that not just I have a messy space in my station.
Bela SBS 05 Princess Sistah

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love your messy room -- makes you seem more *human* - LOL!!! Great projects, too!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Okeedokee, now THAT'S more like it!!

~Hugs, Deb