Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fall Leaves

I know it must seem a bit harsh to think about fall leaves now. I mean, are you ready for that at all? Not me! Seems like the summer just got started! This leaf stamp and saying is one of the newly released stamps from Impression Obsession! I love the swirls in the image and the solid stamp makes coloring the changing leaf fun! I just thumped a few different ink colors on each leaf to bring out different shades ! Then, when I put my card together, I went from light to dark to make it look like the progression of color.

Here's a close up!

Putting the card together was a piece of cake. I used my Nesties for the circles, my ticket corner punch for the corners on my piece of patterned paper cut out my leaves, added the saying - "To Everything There Is A Season..."and done! The embellies in the punched corners are hot fix nail heads (Kandi Kane)

Speaking of Impression Obsession, they have a brand new Guest Designer opportunity! Here are the details!

IMPRESSION OBSESSION GUEST DESIGNER CALL

How would you like to be a guest designer for one of the nation's largest rubber stamp companies? Impression Obsession is looking someone to put a creative spin on the great rubber and clear stamps that you know and love. We have more than 2,000 images in production at any given time and these images can be found at hundreds of stamp stores not only in the U.S. andCanada but six other countries worldwide!The guest designer position would be a three month commitment to help us with samples not only for our supplements and trade show displays but for our web gallery as well. Our store owners rely on the design team's creativity to seejust how many ways you can use I.O. stamps! If accepted, you will receive a handful of I.O. new releases to play with and create!

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Since our Senior Design Team uploads digital images to our gallery, we would hope you would be proficient in photo editing and be able to display your cards in an eye-pleasing way. Ninety-nine percent of the time, we use the artists images for our catalog and web gallery.

2. You would be required to make a minimum of 4 projects per month and display them on your gallery or blog giving credit to Impression Obsession.

3. Impression Obsession would have access to these designs for use on our web site, in our online gallery, for advertising, and in our electronic newsletter. We'll be sure to give you credit!

TO APPLY

Please send four examples of your best work to us at ioguestdesigner@gmail.com by August 30th. Don't forget to include a little bit about yourself, your name, address, phone number, email address, past design team work,when and where you've been published and blog or gallery address as well. Please note: Past work is not a requirement for a position with I.O. We are simply looking for talented designers. If you've never been on a team before or have never been published - that's Ok!.

Thanks for stopping by!!

p.s. Voting for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest is still underway until Thursday at Noon MST. If you haven't voted! I'd love it if you checked out my card! I'm "outtoimpress" on the gallery! Click HERE to see all the cards. That page also has instructions on how to cast your vote!! Thanks guys!

18 comments:

NancyK said...

I love leaf stamps and I have way too many, but these from IO are so nice. No I don't want to think about fall, but your colors are perfect!

Dianette Seda said...

Beautiful design and great oportunities. Wish I could be that good to be in their design team. lol. I always love the variety of goodies. Maybe another time when I get more experience. Hope many of those reading your blog try it tho.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a beautiful card! I am loving the solid stamps w/ designs running through them and this is an excellent one. Thanks for the info on the guest DT call too, wow, what a great opportunity. I will have to try to come up with something worthy so I can try out!

Shoot me your snail mail deets so I can send you some images from the FCD Mahalo set - I decided to add a little "extra" to my blog candy drawing - fun!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stamp and love the progression of color. I like working with solid stamps too. Very pretty Julie!
smiles,Deena

The Rubber Maid said...

What a great card and today with the intense heat I wish it were fall already. Too hot to be outside. Are you ready to roll on the floor laughing??? Should I apply to be a guest designer. Calm down, I'm just joking. Mom

Jennifer Buck said...

This is beautiful, Julie! LOVE it! Hope you are doing well! I am voting for you! You ROCK! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this card! Also thanks for the FYI inregards to the DT call. I think I may tryout for it. I IO Stamps!

Anonymous said...

I love the slight variations of colors on this card. Another great job, Julie.

Michelle W. said...

This card is so elegant. It makes me wish fall was really here! It just seems to be getting hotter here. I'll be getting some pictures together to send you for the design team. That is something I'd love to do!

Deb Neerman said...

Hey, Jewels, just came back from voting for you and wanted to say hi! HI!

Love this card and I MUST have this stamp, I want to marry it I love it soooo much! Please tell me where to find it while I go call the caterer!

What a great opportunity to design for IO! I might have to apply!

More later, Kiddo!

~Huglettes

PS: SEVENTEEN players ... !

Tanya said...

Ooh very pretty!
Nope fall is good for me! Let's get past this heat! Plus, my little boy was annoyed I did Christmas In July cards, becuase FALL is next, people....sheesh...! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beauitiful hun, and hey, I've been making my Christmas cards so this doesn't faze me in the slightest! I decided to submit a card for your You Know YOu Rock challenge. I was scared to death to do it but hey...its you afterall! Gotta support our own!

Unknown said...

I love your card, Julie - even though I DON'T want to think about fall yet... heehee... But seriously, those leaves are gorgeous!

Janine said...

Hey girl!! Did you get my last e-mail?? Hope you are having a great day!!

Jules said...

Beautiful card Julie!
I love fall soooo much!
Ok I did it I submitted my 4 projects and a blurb for guest designer...now I will just sit with crossed fingers.
I have really wanted to do this for quite sometime now...but it won't happen if I don't apply!
Wish me luck, thanks for announcing!
Have a great week!
BTW I voted for your soft Santa card, he is so beautiful, I love those cotton scraps, I keep forgetting I have some pixie ones that I should stop neglecting!
Take care!

Diane said...

We can't get into fall,we haven't had any summer yet,not here anyways. But your card is lovely as always Julie!

Lori said...

Wow! I just love this fall card! Everything about it! The colors, the stamp image, the shape of the card! You amaze me! I'm new to your blog - and it's very quickly become one of my "favorites"! Keep up the great work! You are always a great inspiration!

Debbie Olson said...

Such a fabulous design, Julie!! Congrats on the top five too--that's HUGE!