Friday, August 15, 2008

Stamp Simply.... New Stamps... New Shimmerz...and more!

Hi all---- TGIF! Happy weekend, can you tell I am in need of a little R & R?

Today's Stamp Simply challenge is kind of an instant replay. Sharon's challenge is to take a card you made, and copy it with some changes. Click HERE to read the official details and see what the rest of the Stamp Simply team created this week!

So, I decided to copy this layout..... I loved the rectangle and oval mixed in together, I loved the pearls and the scalloped accent. So, what did I change? I added new stamps-- the brand new set called Summer Blossoms from Flourishes-- in a new more rustic color and I ditched the sentiment tag. Instead of a sheer ribbon, I added a rich satin in a rustic red.

These new stamps from Flourishes feature gorgeous lillies that are just so feminine and elegant! I merely inked them up with my Vivid! ink pads (Brick and Olive) and then, the fun began!

I painted over the entire image with two of the three new colors of Shimmerz. Since they are semi-translucent when you apply one coat, you can see all my stamping underneath.

Here's a close up! I went over the flowers with Rustic Red, and the stems with Sagebrush. Gotta love that sparkle!!If you want to see what the rest of the Flourishes team has been up to with this new release, check out Leslie, Susan, Faith, Linda, Sharon Nancy and Barb!

Be sure to check out the Shimmerz blog to see the three new LIMITED EDITION colors-- perfect for fall -- plus some more samples from the rest of the DT!!

p.s. If you'd like to learn more about Shimmerz... stay tuned! I am going to have a tutorial soon showing you how to add dimension to your stamped images with this fun sparkly paint!

p.p.s. The Y.K.Y.R. challenge is up! Click HERE to check it out. Hope you like Heavy Metal!!! :-)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect layout to redo! Beautiful rich colors, and gorgeous ribbon on this one, and that new Shimmerz looks great! Another dt?? Wow, you are busy girl! Lucky you! :) Thanks for your {hugs}and kind comment on my post the other day, Julie. I so appreciate it!
smiles, Deena

Juliana said...

COOL!!!
I love the challenge--and I really like what you have done with it!!! The new card has a completely different feel (though just as wonderful) to it!!
Thanks for the close up to see the Shimmerz!!

tyrymom29 said...

Your cards are awesome !! I deff cant wait for your tutuorial !!!

Janine said...

Holy man woman... You got alot in on one post!!! You sound way too busy!! Take some time for relaxing this weekend!!
Thinking about you!!

Jennifer Buck said...

These are both beautiful, Julie! Hope you are doing well! Can't wait to catch up! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Julie, both cards are just wonderful!!! I LOVE this layout and it is just so YOU!!! Truly it is!!! Gorgeous, simply stated elegance!!! Love it!!! A wonderful job -- thank YOU so much!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

I love this layout too, have been meaning to CASE you myself! LOL! Both cards are just stunning as usual, I really LOVE that red though!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the Shimmerz glitter, it looks so elegant and rich. What a great layout for two wonderful cards. Mom

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I really love what you are doing with the stamps from FLLC

Tammy Hershberger said...

Both are beautiful Julie! I LOVE that rich red ribbon on the new card! Love it, love it, love it!

Lovely gd Cee said...

(squeals!!!) love the pink one: so delicate. and DUDE, love the red:) i am fully convinced that Shimmerz are the bestest:)

Jules, thank you for viewing my Gabrielle Monroe. we went last night, it rained:( it didn't win but i'm alright about it. the entries were amaaaaazing.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! Once again, my jaw hit the desk. The pink card is really pretty, but that red card is so over the top! You are going to get me to ditch my darling pink and be a red devotee yet. Happy Weekend!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow your cards are so stunning and beautiful ,fabulous work ,Dawnx

NancyK said...

Julie - this such a vibrant card - love the rich red. Thanks for showing the close up of the shimmerz - it really shows up well!

Barbara Schram said...

I have to get some of that Shimmerz! This is fantastic, Julie! Way to showcase your favorite color! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

These cards are both beautiful Julie, I especially like the dress one, don't know what it is with me and dresses lately?!
Get some R&R girl!

Ashley Newell said...

Very very pretty!

Mescrap said...

I Love the darling pink card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, that deep red is stunning.

Lee said...

Ohhh......Ohhh.........Beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful!!!! Oh how enabled am I.....that Shimmerz looks like a total must-have!!! I can't wait to see the tutorial!!