Thursday, October 9, 2008

New From Flourishes-- day 2!

Hi all! I can honestly say I am getting into the holiday spirit! It's supposed to cool down in the next few days and be perfect sweater weather. Don't you love that crisp feel to the air? Well, with this time of year comes more days spent making cards for the holidays - and Flourishes has some fun --just released-- stamp sets perfect for hoilday card making!! I'll show you two more today!

"All That Glitters"
...and "City Of David" "All That Glitters" designed by Marcella Hawley features all those classic ornaments that we grew up with as kids. Those made of brightly colored glass that just sparkled on the tree.

When I first saw this set, it's easy to see the evergreen with the ornament hanging. I knew a card done up that way would be beautiful but I kind of wanted to steer clear and try something a little more contemporary. So.... this is what I came up with!

I stamped almost every ornament in the set on my background using black ink and then stamped one of the ornaments a second time, embossed it in gold on red paper and decided that would be my "pop" - my accent! Paper piece part of the ornament with green, add a rhinestone and you're almost done. The rest is just adding a gold leafed edge around my main green mat, add some red mirror paper to mat that on and some red grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment - "joy" is actually from the "Holiday Greetings" set. It actually says -"Wishing you peace & joy", but I chose to just ink up the word "joy" instead so that it would fit on my card.

The next card is with the City of David set. I love how this stamp set creates a kind of scene complete with the city scape, the wise men and who could forget - the star. I stamped my scene on a parchment style decorative paper with Taupe Vivid ink. The wise men were stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold detail embossing powder. The camels were colored with a brown watercolor pencil and the wise men's coats were actually painted with Shimmerz paints. If you look at them straight on - all you see is color....

.... but shine it toward the light, and you can see just how much is sparkles! I used Royal Purple, Aquamarine and Burgundy.
To finish the card up, stamp and emboss the stars in gold in the upper right corner of your card, add some bling for the main star and mat your oval onto a scalloped oval shape cut from your Oval Scalloped Nestabilities. I also used Taupe ink for my saying, "Wise Men Still Seek Him." That's it my friends! Two pretty easy cards just in time for the holiday season!

Want to see what some of the other Flourishes designers came up with using the new sets? Just click on their names!
Joan Bardee
Cindy Lawrence
Susan Roberts
Linda Duke
Leslie Miller
Faith Hofrichter
Barb Schram

I'll be back tomorrow with a final look at the new releases done up with a true Stamp Simply flair! So.... stay tuned!


p.s. From now through Monday, October 13, get 10%OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER at Flourishes!!! So, now is the time to load up on Basic Grey paper, matching brads, or perhaps some luscious ribbon. To get the discount you must put this code in the promotion code box at checkout - RSC88. Now, because you have to put this code in the promotion code box, you will not be able to tell them which design team member inspires you. So...just send an e-mail at flourishesllccustomerservice@cox.net and they will reward your favorite designer!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. I love the contemporary ornament one, so different!

Elena said...

Julie! They are just stunning! Love the colors - red and green!!! You did an amazing job with the ornaments! Love the scene you created! Very beautiful layout! Red ornament remainded me what I had in my childhood memories...Second card is precious! Love the papers! Gorgeous work on embossing and coloring!

Janine said...

Julie you are just doing a wonderful job with these new sets!!
Love them...
Have a great day my dear!!

Lila H said...

BEAUTIFUL times TWO!!! both cards are stunning - yet so different..... those images are great and of course, the Shimmerz - to die for....

Anonymous said...

Julie, These are both just beautiful. I love how you gold embossed the camels.

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your two cards, and love the shimmering paint on the city of David one. They are both very elegant. Only 2 weeks from today and I will be in Billings stamping with you. Hoorah ! Mom

Barbara Schram said...

Love both cards, Julie! The three wise men are stunning with the shimmerz. Great work with the new sets! Have a great day, my friend!

Ethel Amutan said...

WOW! I love the embossing you did on the Three Wise Men card. Also, I love how you made one of the ornaments stand out by giving it some color. Beautiful work, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! The red just POPS on the first one, and now you're making me thinking I NEED some Shimmerz paints!!!!!!! Enabler! :)

Mark's Finest Papers said...

gorgeous!!!! WOW! Julie, these are wonderful!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Both are beautiful Julie, the gold accents on the wise men is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This could be the straw that broke the camel's back. While your holiday cards are quite beautiful, I simply cannot cope with the concept of Christmas yet and therefore must run away and find a blog with beautiful other things. You're not getting that lucky, though. It's only til you come to your senses and stop stamping holiday stuff when I'm thinking about how many pounds of Halloween candy I should buy when I don't hand out treats. I have my priorities...

Ida said...

This is lovely and elegant. I really like how you have the Cityscape positioned so that it's behind the Wisemen. Love the shimmer too.

Jamie Martin said...

Love the new stamp sets and you made beautiful cards with them!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your cards are just fabulous, Julie!! I LOVE the ornament card and the City of David card is wonderful -- the sheen and glisten is over the top FABULOUS!!! Beautiful work, my friend, as always!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards especially the ornament one! I ordered that set yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive!

Anonymous said...

Julie I love the contemporary take with this set! And your wisemen are beautiful with the gold embossing.

Mescrap said...

Wow !! I love all the cards that you produced !

CreativeMish said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card! I love the shimmer coats!

Shirley said...

Wow! How elegant they are! I really love the embossing and also the sand at the bottom of the image.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these cards are just stunning, somehow I missed them yesterday. Oh my the green card with the ornament is breathtaking Julie. I can't wait to get my stamps.

I was tagged the other day and now I'm tagging you. Please see my blog for instructions.

Anonymous said...

Just fabulous, Julie! I love your ornament card--very contemporary but festive. Beautiful work on City of David. I like how you used the city on the background piece with the main image in the oval. All the new sets are great and so many possibilities. What fun!

Dianette Seda said...

Love the Three Kings card and the embossing add just the perfect touch.