Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sweet Treats!

Does anyone need some quick, easy and delicious goodies to take to that last minute gathering? If you do, I might have just what your stomach needs! ;-)

I thought I would take a break from creating in the craft room to share what I cooked up over the weekend!

First, this dessert is officially unnamed -- but you could call it Cookies And Cream Truffles or as my hubby calls it "Heaven Balls" LOL!

Here's what these little babies look like...

And... here's how you make them! It really doesn't get any easier than this! You take a whole package of Oreo Double Stuff cookies and mash them up. Then, you mix this with one 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese. Put this mixture into the freezer for a few minutes so that it hardens up a bit. Roll the mixture into balls and cover with white chocolate! OHHHH! So tasty!

The second tasty treat is Peanut Butter Toffee!

This recipe couldn't be easier! Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and butter the foil. Crush 1/2 c. of lightly salted dry roasted nuts and line the buttered pan with the crushed nuts. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and gradually mix in 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup of white sugar and one tablespoon of light corn syrup. Bring it to a boil and boil over medium heat for six minutes. Pour the mixture over the nuts and then immediately sprinkle and spread 5 ounces of both peanut butter and 5 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips. You can use a full bag of the peanut butter swirl morsels if you can find them (I couldn't!) Then, sprinkle with some extra chips and roughly 1/4c. of crushed nuts on the top. And... done!

As my kids have been reminding me -- it's T minus one day until Christmas Eve!!!!! The excitement is building here in the Koerber house! Hope it is where you are as well!

10 comments:

Lovely gd Cee said...

thank you... because of your idea, i made mine today! too! although yours is way cuter than mine and much more appealing. that fancy foil is cool:) why didn't i think of that? did you get the foil from Jayne's signature?

cool pictures, Julie!

Anonymous said...

And why weren't these in my box?? Dang, but they look YUMMY! Not getting any really good stuff this holiday because we're all off to other places, but made my sister promise to make me a peanut butter pie for our birthday bash. Let's see, if I don't eat the good stuff and I shovel s-n-o-w about every other day, will I be down to 90 lbs by Spring Break? Oh, hell no! Please pig out for me, Julie.

Anonymous said...

These look so wonderful my mouth is watering. TFS have a Merry Christmas. Ann Lind

Latisha said...

these look really good!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so yummy!!

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!

Those look delish

Stacy Morgan said...

Okay I bought the stuff for these cookies and cream truffles... I am sure they are good. :0) But I will let you know what the kids think of them. hee hee

Diane said...

I just gained a pound reading the recipes,lol! Those look and sound delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JULIE!!!!

Laurie in MN said...

Hi, I will be trying your recipes for the truffles and PB treats. They look yummy.

I love the blue elegant card.

Linda Beeson said...

Oh why did I find this post???? YUM! I'm drooling!