Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Challenge!

Well, the countdown to CHA is on! To get ready my teammates on the Impression Obsession DT have been watching the paper fly and getting our fingers inky to make sure the CHA booth was decked out with color!


To get ready, our DT coordinator, Kelli, challenged us to show off some of the birthday images. I picked some from IO's new artist - Sarah Phelps! So... here goes!


I just love the whimsy of this new set! Actually, this card is super duper easy! I stamped my birthday cake image with black and then just added some faint color with watercolor pencils, add some stickles on the "flames" and bam... done! The string of candles is actually a border stamp that I stamped with turquoise ink. Stamp the sentiment in black ink, layer it up with some fun Kaleidescope papers, add a loopy brad,some ribbon and bling and you're done!

Here's a close up to show the cake! I think this image is so fun!
So, keep a look out for these fun stamps at your LSS! I am told they'll be on the web soon too!


Want to see some of the other creations with a festive birthday flair? Check out what these gals came up with!




Dina
Daniela
Deborah
Kelli
Laura
Michelle
Tina

I'll be back tomorrow with another Stamp Simply challenge and this one -- has a modern edge to it!! (Yep, that was your hint!)

Until then!

4 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the different color combo you used. Simple yet so cute and to the point. Mom

Barbara Schram said...

This is so sweet, Julie! I love the candles...pefect flames! Hope you are doing well!

krcrafts said...

I love your colors!! So cute...love it!

Laura said...

Love the colors and the watercolor pencils. I am such a sucker for great coloring!