Thursday, March 26, 2009

Got A Button???

Today I'm sharing an O2M, N2U (old to me, new to you!) project! Last fall, I submitted this project to Crafts 'N Things when one day Dawn Gehring, the magazine's Editor gave me a ring and asked if I would whip up a coordinating button jar using the same Gina K. Designs set!

Well, after I wrapped my mind around it - this is what I came up with!
I kind of chuckled when I printed out the Have a button? Give a button phrase thanks to my printer. I thought of it after a trip to the gas station and saw one of those penny jars! I thought -- it works! Don't you just love that measuring tape twill ribbon?
Here's a peek at the top! Thanks to a scalloped circle Nestie and classic circle Nestie, I came up with a decorative way to deck out the lid!
If you want the actual directions for my button jar and card, it's actually an on-line extra project for Crafts 'N Things! All you need to do is click HERE to print off your copy!

Don't forget, you have until next Monday at midnight to take part in Laura and I's celebrating 300,000 hits challenges! You can check out her challenge HERE and mine HERE! That's also where you can read up on the prizes that are on the line! There are some serious goodies up for grabs!
I'll see you back here tomorrow!

11 comments:

Janine said...

Very cute Julie!!

The Rubber Maid said...

So cute and we all need buttons or is it marbles...I think I lost my marbles so if you have any to spare let me know. Mom

Unknown said...

Well how stinkin' cute is THAT! :-)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Stop it!!! I LOVE BUTTONS! They are my new favorite toy, you are killing me with this. :)

Ann said...

So cute! I need a button jar!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute idea Julie.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Applause! Oooohhh!! I really like that!!! Fabulous idea!!!
Have a super weekend!!
Hey, my folks are heading to Cars at Carlisle with the Corvette in August...have you ever been?

ChristineCreations said...

These are adorable Julie! I had to laugh though at your O2M N2U ...that looks just like a Canadian Liscence plate! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling project! I am just in the process of reorganizing all my buttons by color into 12 pint mason jars!!! How fun is your project -- love it!!!

Elena said...

What a fantastic project! Love it, Julie!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

So cute!