Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Celebrate!

How many of you just can't have enough birthday cards stashed away? I would DEFINITELY fit into that category! They always seem - no matter how hard I try - to sneak up on me! So, my one third of the way through the year resolution is to create a bank of birthday cards to drawn from.

So... here goes!

I have to admit, whoever gets this must be ready for a party because you just might need sunglasses to look at this festive one! Orange, turquoise, purple and green are the colors on this bad boy! I love this image! It's a relatively new one from Leigh Hannan at Impression Obsession called Cake Trio. I just stamped it in Versafine Onyx, colored it with watercolor pencils, blended with a blender pen and then razzle dazzled it up a bit with some Stickles. Mat it up, add some scallops and some rhinestone loopy brads with some fun sheer ribbon hanging off the side!

Just that simple! You'll see, I have a lot of work to do on my resolution. You can say.. one down... a few dozen more plus to go!

Hope you are having a great week! See you back here soon!

13 comments:

Janine said...

Hey Julie!! You and me both!! I have SO many birthdays in May it's ridiculous!! Getting excited yet!!

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my gosh, Julie, this is so adorable, I love your colors! The ribbons and gems are fabulous!

Etha said...

ohhhh, the bands on the right cake and your background paper, LOVE IT!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Vibrant and fun, its the perfect birthday card. Great job.

jules p said...

LOVE it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

whoever gets this will be honored to put on their sunglasses and gaze at it, it is beautiful!

Alex said...

Such a fun, pretty bday card Julie, love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

kathleen said...

Great card, love your colours. What brand and where did you get the bling loopy brads from, I need some.

Anonymous said...

I think this is sweet! Love the cheerful, bright colors!

Anonymous said...

I always want to do them on time and just now I have 3 to do. Ugk!!! Well, that happens for not doing them through the year. lol. Great card and colors!

Betty Meyskens said...

The ribbons and gem brads are so beautiful - they add that glitz that so many people like on cards. I too, never have enough cards ready. I love how the background paper pulls all the colours of the card together - it is so eye catching.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! These are cute stamps! I love the bright colors -- just right for a celebration. These Leigh Hannan stamps really get to me somehow. I might have to go look...

Shirley said...

I love these cakes and your card is just so bright and beautiful with the colors you chose! Wonderful!