Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Butterfly.... flutterby...

If you stop by my place here -- you know I love to color! And, when I saw this image from Gary Robertson (Impression Obsession) called Window Box... I knew it would make a great afternoon of just my watercolor pencils, a cup of coffee.... and me!

It's a pretty straight forward card! I stamped the main image using Versafine Black Onyx, heat set and then just went to town with my watercolor pencils. I usually start with one color i.e. shades of green. Then, I blend with my blender pen before moving on to the next color family. What is fun about this image is it is kind of sketchy leaving your coloring a bit to the imagination! The base is kraft cardstock that was stamped with the Heart Scroll Border and Versamark ink. Add a button, some twine, fun ribbon, and a little distressing and paper piercing and... done!


I love that little butterfly up in the corner just fluttering by. Doesn't it just remind of you of a lazy summer afternoon when life can seemingly stand still... for just a bit?

Well, I had that kind of experience as I was relaxing tonight. My daughter was riding her scooter up and down the sidewalk and I was sitting on my front porch just soaking in the evening sun when I heard this LOUD buzz..... Luckily, I had my camera next to me because I planned on taking some pics of my DD. Look what I found!

Isn't that fun? I think my neighbors thought I was nuts trying to sit in my flowers taking a picture! Oh well, it will give them something to talk about! LOL!

Hope you are having a great start to your week! See you back here soon!

8 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

LOVE this card, Julie. Great coloring and great color scheme. Fabulous!

Joan B said...

gorgeous job, as usual!! funny, i think i may have this stamp!!!

Connie M. said...

This is such a stunning image, and stunning coloring Julie!! LOVE your picture too! Beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful card, your flowers look great and I like all the colors you used.
That is one fat bee let me tell you. Very cool pic!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card ... love your coloring ... great photo op too !

dpkennedy said...

Lovely card! I like the simple touches you finished it off with! And aren't those fuzzy bee's adorable?! Great pic!

The Rubber Maid said...

Wonderful card and I'm with you on the loving to color. Beautiful
photography on your bee in the flowers. I know you're great with photos but this one is really special.Mom

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Julie, this card is absolutely FABULOUS. Love that quaint color scheme and your fun ribbon/button treatment!