Thursday, August 13, 2009

Final Fresh Picks... and a Stamp Simply Celebration!

Hi all! Today is one heck of a party in stampin' cyberspace! First up, we have the final peek at Flourishes releases for August. Can you say WOW? Every release I say - this is the best one and every release the artists outdo themselves!

We also have a bash going on with Stamp Simply! This is the 100th challenge! So, a bunch of SS designers past and present are combining their creative talents to give you a BUNCH of eye candy and ideas that you can sock away for a creative rainy day! We have tag ideas, card ideas, projects, gift ideas and even some tasty treats! To see the full list of everyone playing, you need to click on over to Sharon Johnson's place!

My project is a card set that you could use as a gift using Flourishes brand new set called......

This beauty is another one hand drawn by Marcella Hawley. I swear, we should dub this lady a flower girl - because every type of petal she draws turns into pure magic! I loved the idea of using this set for a grouping of cards!

I figure one of the biggest challenges in card making is deciding what layouts to use? So, I'm making it easy for you! I came up with three layouts and am giving you the sketches to try!

Card #1


On this creation, it is really rather simple! I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Flourishes Classic White card stock, cut it out with an oval Nestabilites die by Spellbinders, and colored it up using the Violet, Fields and Daffodil Copic collections! The paper I used is from October Afternoon. Dress is up with a Finishing Touches Beautiful Brad and some bling, add some stitching, a scalloped edge and... bam.. card one is done!
Card #2

This one is literally just stamping, coloring and strategically stamping the butterfly so that it looks like it is perched right there on your sentiment! I love all the elements in this stamp set that allow you to do this! To color up my butterfly, I used black and then the Tiger Lily Copic collection. I also added some dots from my Inkssential pen for the little white dot on the wing! I should point out, the front part of the wing was stamped and colored a second time to pop it up!
Card#3


This one is a fun one because I used an envelope to house my tag card! Above, I took a regular A2 sized envelope, sealed it and then I cut the top off - about 1/16" off. After that, cover it with some decorative paper, paper pierce and stamp your flowers in a darker green to give a subtle effect on your card front. I used a large oval punch to create the opening for my tag and then used the same punch to punch an edge for my curved opening.
Here's a peek below of the tag card that slips inside!

These daisies were colored up the same way as the others and just stamped off the lower corner. Add a half circle at the top, a grommet, some deep plum ribbon tied up in a bow with some burlap string! Done!

I hope you've enjoyed the sketches and the cards! If you try this, I would LOVE to see what you do!

FYI: This gorgeous stamp set will be live in the store FRIDAY NIGHT-- yes.. tonight right after the release party! The party starts at 9 Central right HERE on the Flourishes forum over on Splitcoast! If you click on the link... the chatter is already underway! :-)

When you make the rounds to the design team, you'll see a full rainbow of colors - each just as beautiful as the last!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Nancy Kirk

Do you want to win this set? All you need to do is leave a comment over on the Flourishes Newsletter! And, remember, the clock is ticking on our Fit For Royalty challenge! THE CONTEST CLOSES FRIDAY AT 5 PM EASTERN! Enter and you could win all four of our new release sets. You can read all about it HERE!

If you think the fun ends after the release party wraps... well, we have something a little extra for you! Did you enter our Fit for Royalty challenge??? If so, you'll want to check back tomorrow (Saturday) -- right here at noon central time for a little extra something! We can't spill the beans now - but trust us - you won't want to miss it!

Thanks everyone for stopping by! See you at the RELEASE PARTY!

43 comments:

Marsha said...

These are absolutely beautiful, Julie. Love the layouts and the colors. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Leslie Miller said...

How exciting, Julie! I'm going to use your beautiful sketches for sure! Gorgeous project. I love each of them. These flowers color up so pretty!

PinksyDoodles said...

Stunning projects. Lots of ideas. Thank you.
Clare x

Allison Cope said...

Wow Julie! Three stunning cards! Beautiful!

Liz Williams said...

Oh, my, how can I live without this stamp?? Love your beautiful cards, and thanks for the layouts.

Carol L said...

Your coloring of these beautiful new stamps just knocks my socks off!! You've really brought these flowers to life on your cards today, and TFS 3 great sketches!!

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, beautiful cards!!!!! I absolutely love those colors and your great job on coloring the flowers.

Joan

Anonymous said...

Very stunning, I love how you composed the cards. So beautiful.

Carla S. said...

Your cards with the new Gerbera Daisies set are absolutely gorgeous, Julie! Your coloring is outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing the layouts - very inspiring!

Janine said...

Beautiful Julie!!! Have a great weekend.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE your projects, Julie! Your coloring on those gorgeous daisies is superb!!! How nice to share the layouts as well -- FAB post!!!

Darlene said...

OMGOsh ... these cards & sketches are awesome!!!! I will definately be using the sketches and I just might have to make ANOTHER Flourishes purchase with these gorgeous flowers! Your coloring is amazing ... they really come to life ... good job! What an inspiration you are!!!
Have a great weekend!!

kathy s said...

Thanks for the 3 fab cards and the three sketches they are great inspiration

StampinCathy said...

What fun sketches and your projects are awesome and so inspiring. Thanks for the wonderful eye candy along this blog hop celebration.

Norine said...

love your cards and the stamp set is so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Jerri Kay said...

Love, love, love what you've done with these sets. I can see I'd better get out the old credit card, I'm loving all three sets!

denise g. said...

Hmm... Don't take this wrong, but you are my everything! Just recently I have been struggling with my cards. I did a couple with your 11x11 fold from the Mary Jo McGraw book (which I also checked out from the library) and that helped a bit, then I decided to try a few sketches from different challenges. Man, does my stuff look better. I am really pleased with what I have to send in the next couple weeks (hope my calligraphy looks as good). Then I come here and you are giving me sketches besides the beautiful cards now (love these daisies). Thanks, Sweetie! You're simply the best!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Um, I am going to need a dictionary to look up new words to describe unbelievable gorgeousness!!! WOW!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Stunning cards and what a wonderful new set...that artist is just so talented. Love all of the cards. Mom

Rose Ann said...

Each of your cards is just stunning, Julie!! Amazing coloring, and gorgeous designs!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Julie, wow, you have created MASTERPIECES here!!!! I am at awe with this perfect coloring of yours. Wow, all of your creations here are just breathtaking. Hugs, Sabrina

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Julie these are beautiful! I love each one differently. LOL Your sketches are fabulous, going to give those a try later! Beautifully done with the tag and flowers. I love the purple and the lighter tips on the second card and your first card they are framed beautifully!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Gorgeous Julie! I love your purple Gerber Daisies...great design all around!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful cards and great sketches!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow what beautiful cards. Your daisies look so real. Thanks for sharing with us and for letting us know about this wonderful new set to be released too. I will be watching for this one - it is a must have.

Anonymous said...

Julie these are beautiful!! The tag card is a great idea! I am loving this daisy set already!! Have a great weekend!!
smiles,Deena

Cathy Spicer said...

Wow! Your coloring is amazing! I love Gerber Daisies and haven't seen such a wonderful stamp set for them...until now. WAHOO for birthdays and daisies!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh man Julie, these are gorgeous. There's just something about the contrast between the purples and greens that's so stunning, plus the pattern in the papers too. Great layouts and great projects all of them.

Susan G said...

Thanks for sharing the layouts. That's where I struggle when making a card. Great job with the daisies.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

How utterly amazing! You really knocked this release out of the park girl! Love your sketches, will have to try them myself!

Ravengirl said...

Those are beautiful sketches and cards! I am totally going to give them a try!

jaymack said...

I love gerberas, they are my favorite. I need this set so I can practice my coloring.

Connie M. said...

Oh my Julie!! These are all soooo stunning! I just love this color combo...and you showed just how versitile this set is!!

Cherie said...

OMG! Julie, Your cards are totally stunning! I love the different layouts you used and the gorgeous colors! Gonna have to get that set. TFS!

Cherie

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Julie!!! LOVE these daisies in the purples!!!! Great dtp stamping with them, too!!! Wonderful suite of cards!!! I need to check out those sketches!!!

Heather T said...

Wow, Julie, each card is beautiful, the colouring and layout on the bunch of gerbera's card looks fabulous.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This is a lovely stamp set. I love these flowers. But I missed the dealine to enter.

Cathy and Steve said...

Julie, these are stunning! It's rare for me to buy a full set of released stamps (all four stamp sets) but you've totally sold me on this one!

gocanucksgo said...

Amazing looking projects. This set is gorgeous! Thanks and keep up the fantastic work =)

Tammy Hershberger said...

GORGEOUS cards, Julie and your coloring on them looks amazing!!!

Shirley said...

I have to admit....I do fine with Flourishes releases and manage to resist until I see your cards!! They are always spectacular and lovely like these!!! :-( I'm supposed to be on a budget!!!LOL

pacools said...

You are so talented I understand how you have hooked your mom into this craft. The new stamps for this month are wonderful. Nice job.

Lori said...

I have a question about the white gerbera daisys. Did you use a stamp positioner and stamp again after you painted the petals white? If not, can you tell me how you did that? thanks