Monday, October 5, 2009

Did you have a happy WCMD??

Gosh the paper was flying this weekend for World Cardmaking Day and what fun it was!!! Did you do a challenge or two or start on your holiday cards for this year??

It's so nice that we get a little reminder on when it's time to really start your Christmas or Holiday cards!! Trust me... I need it!



One of the challenges on SCS was from Unity and it was to make a quote a focal point of your card. I dug through my sticker/rub ons drawer and found a fun and perky rub on that just "needed" to be used! I have no idea what company even made this one! Sorry!

This card really isn't my "style" but I had a blast making it! I rubbed the rub on to a strip of Flourishes Classic White card stock and then, with some lime green thread, let my sewing maching do the driving to produce this fun and squiggly line around my quote. Add some bling to the rub on flower. Mat it onto a sparkly piece of cardstock (Pebbles). Mat that onto an uber large silk flower and then mat this onto your card front. I had a piece of pink cardstock (Radiant pack from Crafty Secrets) that I also edged with lime green thread as well to try to tie it all together!

And that.. my friends.. is it! Hope you had a fabulous weekend and a great start to your week!

I have more fun to share so, I'll see you all back here soon!

4 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Julie!! I LOVE this card!! I hope all is well with you...You sound like you have been busy! I will email you soon to update you on the goings on around here. Its been NUTS!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So vibrant and cheery! I love the big flower you used in the background.

Anonymous said...

Yes I did have a great WCMD with your help which I appreciate so much, thank you!!

This card is so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is so lovely, Julie! Love the stitches and big flower behind the sentiment mat.