Friday, October 30, 2009

Stamp Simply--- grab your accordian!

When I think of accordian cards, I can't help myself, I think polka! I think - 'roll out the barrell... we'll have a barrel of fun!' Well, today's Stamp Simply challenge is both - it's about accordians, and it's about a barrell of fun!

The challenge today courtesy Miss Sharon Johnson is to make a three panel accordian project or card! It can be as large or as small as you like it! Anything goes -- just do a 3 panel accordion card. But beware -- they are ADDICTING! Be sure to check out all the DT girls links to get some GREAT ideas and to get your juices flowing!

Amy, October Guest Designer
Janine
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
Barb-- she's filling in for Jennifer Buck who is taking time off!

This card was also created as a part of the Flourishes Focus this Friday hosted by the ever-so-talented Latisha Yoast! She challenged the rest of the DT to "Color Up the Season!" and to let coloring take center stage. I picked Christmas and.... I picked up my Copics!


For mine, I grabbed a tag accordian card from my stash. I had a pre-made one from the Paper Cut. I know, I cheated! It was actually a 6 panel tag accordian card that I cut in half. I then took some fun Christmas paper and created mats for each panel. The next part was the super duper fun part! I stamped the images from the Drummer Boy set from Flourishes onto Flourishes Classic White card stock. Using the Poppy, Spring Greens, Fields Collections to color up the holly, the drum, the soldier and part of the French Horn. I also have a tad bit of a preview for you here because I used some of the soon to be released Copic collections that Flourishes just got in house! They aren't on the store site yet but.... they will be.... SOON! The collections I used were the Sunflower and Holly collections!

Here's a peek at the solider! The antique gold shade on the soldier's uniform and hat is thanks to the Lionel Gold Copic marker. It was covered over by the Gold Copic Spica Atyou pen for a little glitz! Sorry, my camera didn't pick up that sparkle! I highlighted the laces on the boots with a white gel pen.

Here's a peek at the center panel. The sentiment is from the Christmas Music set and I put it on a punched shape from my Curly Labels Punch from Stampin' Up!
And here's the last panel showing the french horn! That, my friends, is it! A fun tag accordian card literally wrapped up with a bow! I am not sure how I will use this card but I love the sparkle and vibrant color.

Want to see how the other ladies 'Colored Up The Season?' Just hop on over and see.....

Leslie Miller
Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon!

14 comments:

Joanne said...

Hello Julie,

I guess that I'm the only one up at this time of night, LOL! I love your accordian card, the colors are so vibrant and I think that it's a very balanced card. Congratulations!

I wanted to let you know that the stamp set that I had bought from you, the Gina K Designs set, Botannical Dreams was in my mailbox tonight when I went down to check it. It could have been there for the past 8 or so days, for I've had the flu (and still have it), so I went downstairs in my condo mail area now, so that hopefully I wouldn't run into anyone and give them my flu germs.

I'm thrilled to have that set, and thank you again for selling it to me--I'll think of you when I use it.

Hoping that you and your family are all well with this flu everywhere, do stay healthy! Thanks again.

Blessings,

Joanne

PS I've ordered my first Flourishes stamps, partly due to your wonderful card creations--I'm excited about receiving them!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Happy Holiday colors here Julie! So cute!

Darlene said...

WOWZA ... this is so festive and uplifting! I LOVE IT!! Awesome job on this accordian fold .... love the papers and images ... just so danged cute! Great job girl! Sure put an immediate smile on my face! Here's wishing you a fun-filled weekend! Happy Halloween!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your roll out the barrell card, and the sweet images. Great paper...hey I bought some of that. Mom

Janine said...

Hi Julie!!! This is just the nicest card!! I love it! The polka dotted paper is wonderful... I think roll out the barrel too. Walter Ostenek!!
Have a great weekend.

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute accordian. Great coloring Julie.

NancyK said...

What a great accordian card - I've always like the look of these and yours is great! Those red polka dots are perfect for this holiday card. Love your coloring and I'm looking forward to getting the new copics!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is fabulous! Love the accordion tag and your images are so perfect!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wonderful Christmas colors, Julie! This is adorable! (And hey, I'll come and polka with you anytime!)

Latisha said...

loving the tags, and of course your coloring is flawless...I hope you and your gang have a great weekend!!

Barbara said...

Love your polka connection, Julie!!! And I love all your bright Christmas colors! Fab card!

ChristineCreations said...

Love your sparkly polkadots for your fun accordian card girl! Awesome vibrant color!

Leslie Miller said...

An accordian card is such a fun way to send a greeting! Love this one. So festive with the bright colors and sparkle!

Merry said...

What a fantastic card. Love those glitter red spots.