Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stamp Simply... tag it pretty!

Hi all and happy Friday! It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge! Last week, the team showed you some fun ways to wrap and package gifts. Today, it's all about decking out your packages with a pretty gift tag! Create something you can just hang on a gift, a bag handle or box -- just a little bit of handmade loveliness that tells the recipient they are special to you!

My creation couldn't be easier! Let's take a peek!

I started with a Crafty Secrets Christmas Cotton Square using this fun Santa! (I got my cotton scraps from Craft Secrets -- but I know Sharon has them in her store too!)I added some fun silver stitching by literally letting my sewing machine "drive!" I wanted to create squiggly and uneven lines to add a dash of whimsy! The rest is matting - I used some Eskimo Kisses and some Bo Bunny decorative paper. I used the Stampin' Up tag corner punch and then added a tab at the top using another Stampin' Up punch. The button is one of my all time favorite buttons - it's one of the American Crafts Glitter Buttons that I wove through some red and white gingham ribbon. In my tab at the top, I did punch a small hole - when the time comes to attach this to a package, I'll grab some of that fun metallic cording and tie it around a bow or a bag handle! Easy as pie!

I can't wait to see what tag-a-licious creations the rest of the Stamp Simply team created! Be sure to stop by and see for yourself! :-)

Sharon
Michelle Woerner -- our guest designer for December!
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
Barb

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon! ;-)

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Julie, this is so sweet!!! Love that Crafty Secrets image and your tag top!!! Too cute!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great tag...love anything with the fat man on it. Mom

Diane said...

Oh so pretty!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Love the country fresh feel here Julie!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, Julie! LOVE the vintage-y goodness!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Julie! this is stunning. I love that santa and the great stitching and can't forget the button!! Hugs,

Silke Ledlow said...

FABO tag - Julie!!! I always loved these cotton squares!!! You made it look perfect with the sewing!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh, Julie! This is one pretty tag!!! I wouldn't care about the gift -- just give me the tag! When I scrapbooked I would save all the handmade tags and incorporate them in to my scrapbook pages -- this one would take first prize!

Darlene said...

Hey Julie ... LOVE this tag! Of course you know how much I LOVE Crafty Secrets and you've certainly made the "big guy" shine here!!! How clever of you to let the machine "drive" your stitching ... looks awesome! What fun ... LOVE IT!!
Have a great weekend my friend!! HUGS!!

Janine said...

Hi Julie

Just back from Toronto and nursing a monster cold. Love your tag!! Hope all is well with you!